2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

I'm not sure if it should be an Olympic sport, but the surfing yesterday in Tahiti was unbelievable.
Unlike the the last Olympics in Japan the waves at Teahupoʻo (pronounced Cho-poo) gave an extraordinary day of surfing.

Teahupoʻo compares to Pipeline in its difficulty and danger levels and yesterday was a day that the ordinary surfer would have been unable to cope with and highlighted the bravery and skill level of professional surfers.

Hopefully we get a few more days with similar conditions so the event can be finished off in style.

Reactions: 1 users
"They've had to deal with a lot of *smile*". Hah hah hah hah.....Well done Kaylee. Well done again.

Good result in the Mens 4x200 F as well.

As for the Doomers and the W Rugby 7's......geez. Canada beat us in rugby ??? That's no good.

I think channel 9 just lost me. They've sent the *smile* idiots from the Travel Guides show to Paris.
*smile* me dead that's low rent television.
I saw that as well. I think it is the single worst thing I have ever seen on television. An absolute cringeworthy embarrassment. Not even remotely funny.

Channel 9 is a jingoistic abomination.

Last edited:
"They've had to deal with a lot of *smile*". Hah hah hah hah.....Well done Kaylee. Well done again.

Good result in the Mens 4x200 F as well.

As for the Doomers and the W Rugby 7's......geez. Canada beat us in rugby ??? That's no good.
Kaylee is a gun; what a competitor.

Didn't the USA also beat us in Rubgy 7s? In the bronze medal match?

I saw that as well. I think it is the single worst thing I have ever seen on television. An absolute cringeworthy embarrassment. Not even remotely funny.

Channel 9 is a jingoistic abomination.

They are as is Channel 7

They are as is Channel 7
Reckon 9 is worse; a lot more noticeable this Olympics. That clown calling the swimming is a joke; total bogan.

Channel 9 would do well to give him the arse and get Matt Hill to call the swimming.

Reckon 9 is worse; a lot more noticeable this Olympics. That clown calling the swimming is a joke; total bogan.

Channel 9 would do well to give him the arse and get Matt Hill to call the swimming.
Bit of a northern states thing happening at the pool I think.

Today I watched the men’s u23soccer at euro super club Paris Saint-Germain’s home ground, Parc des Princes. Game between Dominican Republic & Uzbekistan. Was bloody hot.
With the Olympic ballot you pretty much get the dregs as a foreigner as the French as host country rightly pick the eyes out of the best events. Still the stadium was absolutely packed again today and had a great atmosphere. With the right attitude it doesn’t matter what teams are playing, it’s just a huge celebration of sport with all nationalities in attendance supporting both teams. Ended up 1-1.
ToO are you living in Paris, or just on holidays there?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Depends who is reporting. They have themselves first.

They claim that it goes on total medals won, whereas everyone else goes on gold medals. Pretty typical behaviour from them. If they had more gold and another country had more total medals they’d claim it was the other way around.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't have a set start time as it it condition dependent, and I have just been watching highlight packages.

Hopefully this link works.
Never surfed in my life but love watching the WSL on Foxtel especially in decent surf.
Am disappointed that I missed a bit of the carnage of the last couple of days. A pity Ewing and Robinson come up against each other but at least that means one Aussie will progress

They claim that it goes on total medals won, whereas everyone else goes on gold medals. Pretty typical behaviour from them. If they had more gold and another country had more total medals they’d claim it was the other way around.
Yep that’s what they have done in previous Olympics.

Never surfed in my life but love watching the WSL on Foxtel especially in decent surf.
Am disappointed that I missed a bit of the carnage of the last couple of days. A pity Ewing and Robinson come up against each other but at least that means one Aussie will progress

I reckon if it stays the same size Jack Robbo will be a huge chance to win it although Medina will be very hard to beat.

Surfing in average size waves is great fun and most people can try it and enjoy it. But surfing at places like Teahupoʻo is a whole different story and it becomes an extremely dangerous thing to do. Watching on a small screen doesn't really do it justice but people die doing it. The waves are huge, the reef is super sharp and shallow and its unbelievably competitive which means that you can only take-off in the most critical part of the wave.

Its very different to most Olympic sports.

Should be l neither. A better measure would be a 3-2-1 points system - 3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze. A better indicator of medals won.

Last edited:
Go Jess! Brilliant run in the final. Pulverised the rest of the field. Just so good

Reactions: 2 users