2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

What a great result for Jess Fox. 3 gold medals now. What a champion she is.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Overhyped Matildas beaten comfortably again. Somehow they could qualify for the next round which is strange when they have 1 win 2 losses and goal difference of -3. Must be some lopsided results in other groups.

Disappointing result in womens 100m. Both missed a medal. Molly missed bronze by 1/100th of a second 😯

KIng Kyle Silver Medal (8th at the Turn)
1st World Record at the Games

Reactions: 1 user
Great swim by Zac S-C for silver. But that Frenchman is a freak.

Also good effort from Chalmers for silver. The Chinese bloke won by over a second and smashed his own world record. Incredible effort.

Reactions: 3 users
Well done to Penny Smith in the trap shooting getting Bronze.

That's a Gold and a Bronze for my old hometown Camperdown at these Games.

Reactions: 4 users
Fox great. Pretty good in the pool again. Good job by Smith.

As for the over hyped Matilda's, if it wasn't bad enough that they let a goal in with nearly the entire team in the penalty box but the American girl still managed to get a flimsy boot on it, then Wheeler makes an insanely bad clearance that costs another goal, but I have to listen to that fwt Karl Stefaknowsnothing then claim that they were soooo brave and there was nothing they could have done about the 2nd goal.

One of the problems with this Olympics is that it's being covered by a bunch of moronic, jingoistic, lame, bogan northern staters. It's really starting to grate on me this coverage by 9.

Reactions: 1 users
Fox great. Pretty good in the pool again. Good job by Smith.

As for the over hyped Matilda's, if it wasn't bad enough that they let a goal in with nearly the entire team in the penalty box but the American girl still managed to get a flimsy boot on it, then Wheeler makes an insanely bad clearance that costs another goal, but I have to listen to that fwt Karl Stefaknowsnothing then claim that they were soooo brave and there was nothing they could have done about the 2nd goal.

One of the problems with this Olympics is that it's being covered by a bunch of moronic, jingoistic, lame, bogan northern staters. It's really starting to grate on me this coverage by 9.
Hear hear Chumpford. Stefanovic is a jingoistic moron bogan. The second goal was purely down to a terrible defensive effort from Wheeler.

The flower sniffing around the Matildas is ridiculous. Enough already. They are not that good; as recent results show.

Hear hear Chumpford. Stefanovic is a jingoistic moron bogan. The second goal was purely down to a terrible defensive effort from Wheeler.

The flower sniffing around the Matildas is ridiculous. Enough already. They are not that good; as recent results show.
Hear hear Chumpley. Speaking of which, why is everything corny, lame deviations of names ? It's the Tillies, Arnie, Jessie, Sammy, Gracie, Winno etc. Ffs. Just call their names like you're a broadcasting professional and not some kitsch, saccharin laced morning show barracker. They're like silly, fan-based, 10 year old kids half of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

At least now they can get a new coach and build again.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends who is reporting. They have themselves first.

They did this at the last Olympics too, swung the table away from gold when they weren't winning to total medals. They are a nation of complete bell ends that can't take coming 2nd (or 6th in this instance).

Reactions: 2 users
They did this at the last Olympics too, swung the table away from gold when they weren't winning to total medals. They are a nation of complete bell ends that can't take coming 2nd (or 6th in this instance).
I didn’t realise they’d changed. They always numbered the gold count as the “winning” country.
I always questioned that as a country could have ie 50 gold medals 10 silver 5 bronze. (65) While another could have 45 gold, 30 silver, 30 bronze (105)
Usually countries with the larger (richer) populations would have the better chance of larger medal tallies.

But really wgaf. Isn’t about “competing and representing your country” until it’s not. And of course it’s not as sportspeople are all highly competitive beasts. They have to be. Even when they show some goodwill between clenched teeth. :giggle:

Anyway IDGAF as long as we bash the Yanks in the pool. Play em like geetars and yell Oi Oi Oi at them :LOL:

Melbourne is an issue. When she’s on the floor the points flow, whether by turnovers or ball watching in D.