2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Spook O'Bannon.

You're saying the same things about Jagga as I am!
No one has done more gashlighting with Jagga that Spook O'Bannon. And it's be glorious, love how passionate you are about FOS.

I'm not rusted on to anyone in this draft besides Sims and I wouldn't take him with our first pick unless it ends up around 7. I want him with the Baker pick.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Spook O'Bannon.

No one has done more gashlighting with Jagga that Spook O'Bannon. And it's be glorious, love how passionate you are about FOS.

I'm not rusted on to anyone in this draft besides Sims and I wouldn't take him with our first pick unless it ends up around 7. I want him with the Baker pick.

I got pretty rusted on Sims and Champion on Sunday too.

first time ive watched Sims, but your commentary and his Coates numbers has me sold

On Malachi Champion.

he's only got 2 inches on Nick Cuntson,

but his knees stay stiff and his elbows by his sides in traffic.

hes a Kalgoorlie lad, and I know a bloke whose done drills with him.

he reckons his acceleration is eye watering.

you see it watching him on the wireless. he flashes into the picture like Speedy Gonzales.

and he kicks goals like shelling peas.

he is exactly what we need, and with some luck, might be there late teens
I was all for him last year,,and mentioned him,,he was playing in the midfield at colts level and looked very impressive.
It's a hard role being a small forward ,but l reckon he has dropped off a little in his pressure and tackling from last year,,l think he could still be around in the second round.
The crows look likely to get Welsh as a second rounder,not a bad pick up at that round.

Reactions: 1 users
I was all for him last year,,and mentioned him,,he was playing in the midfield at colts level and looked very impressive.
It's a hard role being a small forward ,but l reckon he has dropped off a little in his pressure and tackling from last year,,l think he could still be around in the second round.
The crows look likely to get Welsh as a second rounder,not a bad pick up at that round.

Champion was working very hard defensively on Sunday.

But I think he's going to be a 2 quarter player for the foreseeable future.

thats just how some blokes play, and it is a bit of a cliché for forwards.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't test the quickest 20m in the land.

Reactions: 1 user
On Malachi Champion.

he's only got 2 inches on Nick Cuntson,

but his knees stay stiff and his elbows by his sides in traffic.

hes a Kalgoorlie lad, and I know a bloke whose done drills with him.

he reckons his acceleration is eye watering.

you see it watching him on the wireless. he flashes into the picture like Speedy Gonzales.

and he kicks goals like shelling peas.

he is exactly what we need, and with some luck, might be there late teens
On top of his pace and agility, his class stands out like you know whats. I can easily see him being the best player in this draft in 2 or 3 years time.

• Love
On top of his pace and agility, his class stands out like you know whats. I can easily see him being the best player in this draft in 2 or 3 years time.

2nd best after big Tom Sims maybe.

And they could both be inside 50 wearing black and yellow jumpers

Ive got early onset draft excitement coming on like a hashish-chip cookie

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Spook O'Bannon.

What's your view on Sim's agility/ lateral movement?

I heard that. He actually said 'on-chalant'. Classic spoonerism.
Simon Marshall still holds the trophy IMO, about 1998, 'The Melbourne Cup is the Cream de la Menthe of racing"

An NRL commentator's 'Its a battle of nutrition' was another doozy

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

First time ive seen him so just a grain of salt obs
;

I thought of tom lynch; not because hes 199. He doesnt have a baby face, or the same haircut;

I saw the competitiveness.

That rarest quality that particularly sorts KPP wheat from chaff

Reactions: 6 users
This jagga kid is a fraud; A 2bob footballer Hes like a hybrid anthony miles/aaron fiora with nick daffys kick height. He could be the worst player ever in history. Hes like a double agent. Steve hocking manages him and Hes never played basketball or cricket.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The one he took on the lead yesterday showed me plenty of agility, shifted in direction, and took it at the highest point. It was straight-line power and leap. I can't see someone showing those traits lacking in athletic skills.

I think he is agile enough, when he goes out to the ball he doesn't look like a dinosaur.
None. Zero. Show me. Quote it.
I think he is good but.... wins a lot of it but.... every positive is tainted with a negative. I get it, he is not your jam. No biggie.

Your FOS campaign is the strongest ever witnessed on these boards. It's magnificent. Be careful, if @Smoking Aces & @Leysy Days jump on, you are doomed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Your FOS campaign is the strongest ever witness on these boards. It's magnificent. Be careful, if @Smoking Aces & @Leysy Days jump on, you are doomed.

Me and snake are gonna drive out Ipswich to watch Vontae take on Allies june 7

Notably, Vic Metro play the AFL stadiums; ikon, optus, adelaide,

While the reigning champs, The Allies tour the windswept western suburbs; blacktown and ipswich

trickle down certainly works on Entitlement

I think he is good but.... wins a lot of it but.... every positive is tainted with a negative. I get it, he is not your jam. No biggie.

Your FOS campaign is the strongest ever witnessed on these boards. It's magnificent. Be careful, if @Smoking Aces & @Leysy Days jump on, you are doomed.
Yeah. Good, very good even, but not pick 1 or 2 good. That's my but. You say he's as good as Vontae. I say he's not. That's not gaslighting. That's opinion based on observable characteristics, such as his inability to break a line or kick over distance, both of which you studiously ignore.

Leysy, Smokin, Redford and I will wave to you from the Good Ship Vontae as we sail past Lennon Island. ;)

• Haha
Yeah. Good, very good even, but not pick 1 or 2 good. That's my but. You say he's as good as Vontae. I say he's not. That's not gaslighting. That's opinion based on observable characteristics, such as his inability to break a line or kick over distance, both of which you studiously ignore.

Leysy, Smokin, Redford and I will wave to you from the Good Ship Vontae as we sail past Lennon Island. ;)
LOLZ. I am a huge FOS fan, I think he has claims on pick 1, I think a few do that's all.

And Lennon island? What is this? I wanted Matt Crouch that draft. And you better let Redfrod off before that Good Ship runs aground on Ryan Reef which is just past Griffiths Grove . You three better give Red the vest, he doesn't deserve to go down with that ship.

• Wow