2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

He could be a much better version of Kamydn McIntosh on a wing.

Id be happy with a winger with 3/4 of the capacity, willingness and discipline to occupy space for a team, for as long, as Kmac

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, that's fair. I see a bit of the Heppell in that he has gone into the champs as a back flanker and come out as an onballer. And don't forget Heppell was reasonably quick in his younger days and had a huge tank, think he ran a 14.5 at draft camp in the old shuttle test. But your kicking point is why I go a the Milburn comparison, Dahser played 292 games, two flags and was All Australian. if TT reaches that it's a win. I'm a fan now, you had him early but I'm definitely interested. He could be a much better version of Kamydn McIntosh on a wing.
Barker from SA is a likley looking winger. Runs hard all game long, big tank. Tall like most wingers nowadays. Reasonable kick. Not sure about the competetive factor with him though. 3rd round maybe.

But your kicking point is why I go a the Milburn comparison, Dahser played 292 games, two flags and was All Australian. if TT reaches that it's a win.
Milburn was a very very good footballer, underrated in some ways. Anyone having his sort of career would be stoked.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who doesn’t follow the development leagues I really enjoy reading this thread. Thanks to everyone for their input and insights it makes really good reading.

I do get a little concerned when I hear comments like “his not quick but….” We are in desperate need of an injection of pace particularly in the midfield. Pace should be high on the list for any player we are looking to draft, particularly early

Reactions: 11 users
Id be happy with a winger with 3/4 of the capacity, willingness and discipline to occupy space for a team, for as long, as Kmac
Kmac works very very hard ,does a lot of the hard stuff,and as you say occupies space ,he probably tries to do too much these days with a few weaker player's around him to cover ....Very underrated KMAC

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I agree, I threw Milburn in there as a compliment. I rate Dash. Hard man.
Wasn't Milburn the one who dumped a scrawny young Shedda on his head, or shirt fronted him big time some years ago??? Could certainly play the game, but from memory he also pissed off a few opposition fans with some barely legitimate actions later in his career. Seem to remember a certain Byron Pickett once executing a perfect n brutal hip n shoulder on Milly one time that I thought had near on killed the poor bugger it was so ferocious.

Reactions: 1 users
Milburn was a very very good footballer, underrated in some ways. Anyone having his sort of career would be stoked.

He became a good durable footballer. But His first 100 games or so he was geelong fans unanimous whipping boy due to regular unfathomable clangers.

I used to love listening to geelong fans berate him. He was zac guthrie, rhylee west, rhyce matheson early, but got better and better

Bit of a poster boy for persistence and development i reckon.

I recall an incident against Carlton where Milburn committed some brutal hit and his then team mate Justin Murphy looked visibly upset that one of his ex Carlton team mates had been cleaned up.

Last edited:
Vic Metro team to face WA on Sunday

1IsaacKako
2JaydenNguyen
3JesseDattoli
4JoshuaDolan
7HarrisonOliver
8MurphyReid
9JaggaSmith
10LeviAshcroft
11ChristianMoraes
14NashKing
15TomGross
16LuccaGrego
17ZakJohnson
18PatrickRetschko
19CharlieRichardson
22HarryArmstrong
24JoshSmillie
25GabrielStumpf
26LukeTrainor
27HarryO'Farrell
32AdrianCole
35ThomasSims
38LucasImpey

Interested to see how Sims, Johnson and Armstrong go.

That Milburn hit on SOS was a dog act. Deserved 14 weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
The game is much better now that hits like Milburns arent tolerated at all.
Listening to the extended commentary and there was still an acceptance that hitting an open player was just part of footy.
Milburn jumped up and turned his hip right into Silvagni's head. Soft as.
He was always a thug.
Silvagni as open and unprotected as anyone could be.
Thank the stars its not allowed anymore.
We might bemoan a lot of how the game has changed but this is the standout improvement

Reactions: 11 users