2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Charlie Nicholls can clunk 'em but kicking needs work. Listed as 197 (would have been measured at the start of the year), this is his game against Vic Country the day after his 18th birthday.

Pretty disappointing v WA. His kicking is no good.

But yes, he’s a nice mark and moves well.

John Butcher MK2 ? Ok, that’s a bit harsh but he’s got a big gap in his game just the same. Late 1st to early 2nd.

Charlie Nicholls can clunk 'em but kicking needs work. Listed as 197 (would have been measured at the start of the year), this is his game against Vic Country the day after his 18th birthday.

got everything in that reel!

is welsh accounted for? he looks classic Sydney 2XL

No you are 100% correct

What i am saying is it was not considered a dog act back in my days (70's)
and it was very normal to make the opposition players earn it and put doubts into their heads to get an advantage

But looking back in time with todays glasses on we thinks wow thats disgraceful and how can this happen etc etc
But the Prestia/Stewart thing was even worse due to when it happened being todays football and whats known with head trauma
But this wasnt the 70s. The game was 2001 and the AFL was cleaned up.
This wasnt the only *smile* act in this game. A cat ruckman jumped into a blue bending down to get the ball.
Both hits were players jumping and turning their body so their hip hit only the blues head. Everybody knows that the result is a KO. For a bloke going for the ball. Gutless.

I miss the bump and making them earn it. But it should be body v body.
I'd be ok with incidental head knock as.long as all intention was a body bump.

Now sorry for disturbing the draft thread

Reactions: 3 users
The odd thing is how little the AFL gain from introducing points changes this year.
How little this affects ratings and goals and therefore bonuses.
It would look professional and effective if it was announced with a phase in period.
So why hasten this implementation?

It impacts other clubs like carlton so its not fundamentally anti Richmond.
The only rational explanation is that afl house are so clueless and incompetent that when clubs started complaining they jumped up and rushed to do something. So no one would find out how incompetent they are.
I'm 100 % certain that the corupt afl look at who it effects and then changes the rules if it thinks ,don't really care.

Pretty disappointing v WA. His kicking is no good.

But yes, he’s a nice mark and moves well.

John Butcher MK2 ? Ok, that’s a bit harsh but he’s got a big gap in his game just the same. Late 1st to early 2nd.
Butcher is exactly where my mind went. Prefer Thomas Sims as my forward between 10-20.

Butcher is exactly where my mind went. Prefer Thomas Sims as my forward between 10-20.
Really looking forward to seeing Sims on the big stage this weekend. Nicholls' kicking isn't Butcher terminal, but it ain't great. Can improve.

Reactions: 1 user
Really looking forward to seeing Sims on the big stage this weekend. Nicholls' kicking isn't Butcher terminal, but it ain't great. Can improve.
I think it can improve. It’s not a terribly awkward action like Butcher (and others). Bit to like. Bit like a 10-1 horse. Not without a chance.

But this wasnt the 70s. The game was 2001 and the AFL was cleaned up.
This wasnt the only *smile* act in this game. A cat ruckman jumped into a blue bending down to get the ball.
Both hits were players jumping and turning their body so their hip hit only the blues head. Everybody knows that the result is a KO. For a bloke going for the ball. Gutless.

I miss the bump and making them earn it. But it should be body v body.
I'd be ok with incidental head knock as.long as all intention was a body bump.

Now sorry for disturbing the draft thread
Wasnt really cleaned up then either

was another 10 years before significant differences imo

anyway we have derailed this enough

agree to dis agree

Lalor back for his first game of the year with the rebels,but why the *smile* they have the match at windy hill against murray .

30 seconds in and it is very obvious that these losers calling the game have no idea who the players are. **** the AFL is amateurish.

Good work rate Champion, handball from the defensive goal square to release the congestion and then snaps goal thirty out other end less than 25 seconds later. Huge tick.

• Love
Good work rate Champion, handball from the defensive goal square to release the congestion and then snaps goal thirty out other end less than 25 seconds later. Huge tick.

lightening quick. be stocked if we can nab him in the 20s