2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

There’s a general consensus by most “experts” that there’s a fairly clear top 4.
FOS, Lalor, Smith, Draper.
Draper won’t get past Adelaide if not taken earlier.
Some reaching for Langford in the top 4 but can’t see it myself.
In the most even and deepest draft in years, I'm counting on surprises.

We don't even know if North keep pick 2, let alone who they take.

Carlton has bolted into the top 3, what do they value?

It's wide open.

Played more defense, but geez he looked at home forward when moved there. He even went head to head with Smillie this year on ball and played very well.

He's a bit of a unicorn - he's a freak in the air, amazing tackler and second efforts.

But Yeah agree wouldn't use two on him.

But at 6 if Draper, Jagga, Fos, Laler are all gone - for sure.
Think we already have his type covered in what role he'll play with Brown /Bauer and Tresize.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I'd prefer just to pick Allan.

Him and Lindsay are my preferred.

But I hear ya, if we swapped with Freo or WC we might get (forexample) Berry instead.
We might rate them equal
Allan v Berry and f2
Tall fast mid for mine
If Allans still there at 11 i wonder what both WA sides would pay us on Draft night.

Reactions: 1 user
No one rates Smillie Big Willie on here.
Where does he go? Does he shock everyone and go early to Carlton?
They’d be doing everyone a favour if they did
Wont slide past pick 10.

Wouldnt surprise me if he goes at 3.

But I have him after Lalor, FOS, Smith, Langford, Draper.

No one rates Smillie Big Willie on here.
Where does he go? Does he shock everyone and go early to Carlton?
They’d be doing everyone a favour if they did
As an early hater when he was the pick 1 fave, I'm warming to him with a later pick. If we keep 6 it'll be him or Langford I think. If he gets past 6 he'll go to St Kilda or Melbourne at the latest I reckon.

Reactions: 5 users
As an early hater when he was the pick 1 fave, I'm warming to him with a later pick. If we keep 6 it'll be him or Langford I think. If he gets past 6 he'll go to St Kilda or Melbourne at the latest I reckon.
With The Pou already, I dunno if St Failure go with him. Lyon loves all day runners that can really cover the ground. Dunno if they're gonna get that with BWS.

Last edited:
I've been looking into Smillie a bit more and I reckon he is fine at shin height. That's enough. He hasn't produced numbers to date. I wonder if he ever will but eh. He is incredible behind the ball. Polished and smart. Strong. Tolerable pace on the gallop and real strong in motion. Super polished kick and penetrating.

He's not a natural around goal. (Langford is.) But if Smillie is not a starting mid he could be a champion defender. Dominant. And maybe he just plays mid behind the ball. Or even levels up his production inside.

Plenty to work with.

Reactions: 6 users
If we believe Allan is the best outcome for our footy club at pick 10/11 or whatever.

We'll take him for sure. Blair won't leave him on the table.

Reactions: 6 users