2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I reckon Carlton will go Draper anyway.
Reckon FoS is a smoke screen.

They are getting Campo twins from RADelaide and Sid will move over with them. Has played against men in SA so can add instant bite around the middle….

Don’t want Adelaide getting twitchy and then trade to 2……. Just a hunch, no intel.

Regards,
Stan

It was mentioned on BF a few days back that Blues are into Draper.

Beware the superstar lookalikes!!

There is only one Dusty. Will never be another!!

There is only one Royce. Will never be another.

You can't live in the past. We must forge a future with brand new stars who are their own unique self.

This is who I think we will target at 1 & 6

1. Lalor
2. FOS - North. I ain’t buying this Tauru theory. Their list still isn’t that great and needs class.
3. Draper
4. Smith
5. Smilie
6. Langford

Haven’t included Ashcroft for obvious reasons. But North will bid on him.

Big call to overlook the Flying Viking at 6 Smoker!!

Great to get a guy standing on heads in the forward line then bouncing back quicker than anyone else!!

Thor Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

Happy Dance GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

Reactions: 1 user
Beware the superstar lookalikes!!

There is only one Dusty. Will never be another!!

There is only one Royce. Will never be another.

You can't live in the past. We must forge a future with brand new stars who are their own unique self.
Stuff that.

Pick 1 - Dustin Lawler.

Give him the number 4, a Dusty buzz cut and some neck tatts.

"Oh Dustin Lawler, you are the love of my life...."

• Love
Assuming we trade for pick 2, I’d be prefer pumped with a haul of
Lalor
FOS
Lindsay
Travaglia
Faull
Hannaford
F1
Great call Kentucky.
Think its very achievable and would be a huge result.

Travaglia might be targeted by the saints.
Might be available at 11. I'd also be keenon Allan or Berry

1. Lalor
2. FOS - North. I ain’t buying this Tauru theory. Their list still isn’t that great and needs class.
3. Draper
4. Smith
5. Smilie
6. Langford

I don’t think we will bid either but he is the best and we should. If Marshall is still available as a later pick for us late it would also give us

On limited viewing, I like the look of Hannoford. A terrier medium small forward that can play mid. Berry looks good also but very similar to Juddy Clarke. I'll watch some more.

Reactions: 1 users
How far does Trainor slide?

Was touted top 2/ top 5 until the end of the season and concussion. So its a serious concern, no doubt clubs will be vfry risk adverse.

I dont think we should take a swing, we have Gibcus and Brown in similar roles. And we have enough injury questions.

But 18? Could North get him then?
With Armstrong, Tauru, Whitlock x2, Shanahan there are enough talls to take before Trainor. 18?

How far does Trainor slide?

Was touted top 2/ top 5 until the end of the season and concussion. So its a serious concern, no doubt clubs will be vfry risk adverse.

I dont think we should take a swing, we have Gibcus and Brown in similar roles. And we have enough injury questions.

But 18? Could North get him then?
With Armstrong, Tauru, Whitlock x2, Shanahan there are enough talls to take before Trainor. 18?
15-early 20s is my guess TD. WC @ #15, WB @ #20, & Norf @ #21 the main threats IMO.

So...we have 8 quality picks.

We need to trade up to pick 2 so we get FOS...it is imperative to get high class draftees.

That means pick 2 for 6 and say 18

Leaves 1 2 10 11 20 23 24.

It is imperative we draft players now....it takes a few years for developement..
Another year delays progress.

I wanted 7 draftees but it looks like 24 will go for F1 next year.

So six it is.

1 Lalor
2 FOS
1O Lindsay/Hotten/M Reid/Allen
11 Faull/Armstrong/Shanahan
20 O Hannaford
23 M Whitlock

I would have liked Ough , Dattoli , Gross , Hynes or any number of other mid/utility players with 24.
Still want 7...but I guess if we can get a future 12 or under for 2025 for pick 24 then it is the right move.
I like the idea of the whole 7 developing together.

I have said earlier that I honestly think H Reid will come home after 3 years.
Drafting B Allen and FOS would be key to getting Reid to Richmond in 2 years as a swap for Allen.
H Reid would make this draft and next turbo charged.
Always liked the Allan idea.

Is he a forward? Highlights I've seen he's in defence.

Moved forward to great effect late in the year Prince Harry.

This guy can play either end. Power used him at whichever end the wind was blowing late in the year.

He flies for absolutely everything, from anywhere and is the first guy back up with another effort.

He will play a bit like Sicily, but not as good a kick but better athlete and ground game.

Was injured with freak injuries for much of the last two years. Warragul locals from senior mens footy rave.

Then when finally got a free run at it from middle of this year exploded.

If we keep 6 and he's there - unless Jagga/Draper slide - you take him 100% ILO.

*smile* the soft wizard hats from the hawks. Viking hats across all Punt Rd End will be way better!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

1. Lalor
3. Draper
4. Smith
5. Smilie
6. Langford

Blues want FOS and are hoping the Kanga Kanga Roo Roos take Langford or Tauru as some rumors are suggesting.

With all the buzz about Langford and Tauru climbing up the charts there might be a chance that Jagga is actually still there at 6.

Smillie or Jagga or Langford or Reid will be there at 6. The question is do the Tigs take 2 mids I think they do and they should.

If the Tigers roll on the Kangas for pick 2 the Tigers will take Lalor and FOS

With 1 and 6 Tigers might get a shot at landing Lalor and Jagga.

Plenty of Talls to take later, and I reckon we will only take 1 tall possibly 2 possibly a Faull and a Gerreyn.

What happened to our academy kid the aboriginal lad, Lockwood what's the word on him he is a 6'3 6'4 size lad isn't he?

Do we still have claims on him or have I got that one totally wrong.