2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

So who are we competing with for pick 2?

Melbourne 5,9

No way Melbourne give up 5,9 for 2, would they give up 5,9 for 2, and F1?
I do not think Melbourne would trade it for this, it puts them in the same situation as Nth, PIck 2 and thats it.

Don't think the saints do it either for 7,8, even though they have pick 32 as well, cant see them giving up their position

GWS ?, they have 15,16, 21, but again that is a big slide for nth, but if they offered all three for 2 and F1, that might work, their recruiting manager recently did say on gettable that there where two stand out prospects this year FOS, and Lalor, reckon it its not us, it will be GWS.

Reckon Nth trades Pick 2, 100%

For us to trade for 2, assuming we will only trade 2 picks back not 3, it will cost us Pick 6+, wonder if we pull the trigger if it costs us 6+20? maybe they throw in F2 as well?

Leaves us with 1,2,10,11,18,23,24,

Reactions: 1 user
Really warmed to Langford, I actually think he may be the safest bet of been a 200 gamer alongside Smith , however I actually think FOS and Lalor have the most upside , no fussed who we go , not sure I actually want to give up 6 and another for 2 , we’ll potentially have a great bunch of cubs come after draft night , won’t know the actual results for a few years though . No doubt there will be stories of how we should have take suchnsuch.

Sounds like will ad a DFA , interesting who and what type will go for , I fear KMac maybe cut now

Just thinking outside the looney bin , how much would we get for our future 1st , no doubt its value will go up , however I wonder just what clubs would offer ?
Would the Roos give us 2 and their futures first which will probably still be 2,3 or 4 even though they believe it will be pick 18 , how good are the top few next year compared to FOS or Lalor

• Wow
If you've got the next four right you're a genius. What's your thinking there? You've got the ball rolling on the picks after Langford.
So much to consider, isn't there Jack? A summary of my post-Langford thinking:

—Reid to St Kilda: Saints didn't get it right with Clark and Coffield, but a 1–2 punch of Reid and Lindsay could transform their dour midfield
—Lindsay to St Kilda: a Seb Ross-type replacement and some much-needed midfield toe
—Smillie to Melbourne: it's the big-bodied mid theory here, Clarrie possibly gone next year, Petracca in an interesting emotional place, hard-as-a-cat's-head Neal-Bullen no longer there
—Tauru to North Melbourne: speaks for itself as a choice if North has this pick, but North would need to be fairly sure he falls to this spot. St Kilda could take him at #7 or #8 for sure, but does it feel like an overreach with Reid and Lindsay potentially still on the board? I think so! NB: Twomey currently has the first 8 picks as midfielders. If North split #2 with us and get, say, #10 and #11 while landing Tauru plus, say, Trevaglia, Hotton or Trainor, they will look like geniuses.

Worth saying that the only top 10 pick change I see at this stage is North splitting #2 (although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if GWS tried to get in using their picks #15 and/or #16 in some way).

Reactions: 1 users
I doubt we trade up for pick 2.
I really think the plan is to take 4 - 6 this draft then another 2 - 4 1st round 2025.
We could load up on next year's draft by getting ridiculous offers for some of our later picks. So why would we trade out any of our later picks to get into 2?
However as Blair said we are open to anything.

Reckon it's a toss-up between Langford and Draper for Carlton once we take Lalor and FOS. Say Carlton go Draper, which I favour they will, then Adelaide is choosing between Langford, Jagga and maybe Smillie. They are small enough in the midfield but let's say they go Jagga. Now Melbourne is choosing between Langford and Smillie. I don't see how anyone could have Smillie ahead, but let's say they do. Then Norf take Tauru and it's St Kilda with two picks. They might not want another slow mid but where are the quick ones? Reid? Lindsay?

It's not unpossible that Langford gets to 10 but I think it's more likely he goes top-5.
Im expecting the Cripps idolising Smilly to be Cartoon pick at 3

• Wow
Any Taj Hotton fans? Looks a really classy hybrid forward/on baller.

- Few others compare to Hotton in the way of all-round athleticism. Putting his preseason testing numbers against the best of the National Draft Combine, Hotton would have placed third in the 20-metre sprint (2.882 seconds), second for the running vertical jump (93cm), and first in the agility test (7.807 seconds).

Reactions: 2 users

- Few others compare to Hotton in the way of all-round athleticism. Putting his preseason testing numbers against the best of the National Draft Combine, Hotton would have placed third in the 20-metre sprint (2.882 seconds), second for the running vertical jump (93cm), and first in the agility test (7.807 seconds).
Yes he will go to St Kilda at 7 or 8 unless we pick him at 6. Toce was a huge Hotton fan.

So who are we competing with for pick 2?

Melbourne 5,9

No way Melbourne give up 5,9 for 2, would they give up 5,9 for 2, and F1?
I do not think Melbourne would trade it for this, it puts them in the same situation as Nth, PIck 2 and thats it.

Don't think the saints do it either for 7,8, even though they have pick 32 as well, cant see them giving up their position

GWS ?, they have 15,16, 21, but again that is a big slide for nth, but if they offered all three for 2 and F1, that might work, their recruiting manager recently did say on gettable that there where two stand out prospects this year FOS, and Lalor, reckon it its not us, it will be GWS.

Reckon Nth trades Pick 2, 100%

For us to trade for 2, assuming we will only trade 2 picks back not 3, it will cost us Pick 6+, wonder if we pull the trigger if it costs us 6+20? maybe they throw in F2 as well?

Leaves us with 1,2,10,11,18,23,24,

Was always thinking we offer 2 picks if we try and get Pick 2, but thinking about Picks 11, 18 and 20, maybe we get something future back. Would we do those 3 for Pick 2 and Norths F2? I reckon I would.

Was always thinking we offer 2 picks if we try and get Pick 2, but thinking about Picks 11, 18 and 20, maybe we get something future back. Would we do those 3 for Pick 2 and Norths F2? I reckon I would.
North would be crazy to trade out pick 2 for anything that doesn't include pick 6. We could push for 6 + 20 but if we want pick 2 we will have to give up pick 6.

I'm okay with this if it gives us Lalor & FOS

The chase for Lalor??

I know I am greedy but this is why the 1st round compo's for St Kilda and GWS sucks as it may give us some competition for pick 2.

Last edited:

Is he the kid that popped a knee??? Wonder if maybe that slides him to somewhere around the early teens or later selection wise.