2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

They will still trade for more points I reckon.
Player trades are already done, so they'd have to trade for points. Ashcroft just about wipes them of all their current points, so a pick at around 15 would leave them needing to scrounge up roughly another 750 points to match after the 20% discount. Roughly the value of a pick 25, pity we sold the reigning premiers so many extra points cheaply. They'll still get both Ashcroft n Marshall easy.
Ahh well. Guess I'll just have to sit back quietly n watch the first night of the draft. Hope we pick Ashcroft at 1.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s why Langford is being talked about as a top 5 pick.

Does he last to 6?

if there are no other picks traded almost certainly - yes.

melbourne are the only chance of taking him before 6.

In fact if melbourne aren't keen on him he could be there at 10.

last thing st kilda want is another slow
mid.

mid.
We are super keen on him. Question is how keen? Do we have him higher than FOS? IMO we have Lalor at 1.

I think Lalor, FOS & Langford are out top 3. Just depends on the order.

With this draft been so strong and 2025 rumoured to be shallow , I hope we go hard at this draft and don’t trade much into next years.

I wonder if we have much intrest in Davidson ? Maybe someone will come with a future 1st and a 30ish for our 18ish , letting us take Davidson , that’s if we have any intrest in him, more chance of hoping he get to the rookie draft I’m guessing
Doubt we are picking him with any of the top 20 picks we have. Suspect if we want him it will be as a rookie. I suspect he will go to another team with a late pick in the main draft unless we get back some junk picks for trading into next year

We are super keen on him. Question is how keen? Do we have him higher than FOS? IMO we have Lalor at 1.

I think Lalor, FOS & Langford are out top 3. Just depends on the order.

Maybe. Personally can't see any way we would be considering him at 1.

Is the speculation we're keen on him because we think he'll be there at 6? And some others won't be?

We are very good at keeping who we like in house, especially drafting so not taking it to the bank.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe. Personally can't see any way we would be considering him at 1.

Is the speculation we're keen on him because we think he'll be there at 6? And some others won't be?

We are very good at keeping who we like in house, especially drafting so not taking it to the bank.

I guess it all depends on what we expect the Roos to do at no.2 (if they keep it) and Dees to do at no.5

If they both go for talls there is every chance we have the choice of Reid/Langford/Smith at no.6

This is assuming we take Lalor at no.1, Carlton take FOS and Adelaide take Draper.

It's what we think Melbourne and North will do in particular which will determine whether we make a play for pick 2 or not IMO.

mid.
Reckon it's a toss-up between Langford and Draper for Carlton once we take Lalor and FOS. Say Carlton go Draper, which I favour they will, then Adelaide is choosing between Langford, Jagga and maybe Smillie. They are small enough in the midfield but let's say they go Jagga. Now Melbourne is choosing between Langford and Smillie. I don't see how anyone could have Smillie ahead, but let's say they do. Then Norf take Tauru and it's St Kilda with two picks. They might not want another slow mid but where are the quick ones? Reid? Lindsay?

It's not unpossible that Langford gets to 10 but I think it's more likely he goes top-5.

Reckon it's a toss-up between Langford and Draper for Carlton once we take Lalor and FOS. Say Carlton go Draper, which I favour they will, then Adelaide is choosing between Langford, Jagga and maybe Smillie. They are small enough in the midfield but let's say they go Jagga. Now Melbourne is choosing between Langford and Smillie. I don't see how anyone could have Smillie ahead, but let's say they do. Then Norf take Tauru and it's St Kilda with two picks. They might not want another slow mid but where are the quick ones? Reid? Lindsay?

It's not unpossible that Langford gets to 10 but I think it's more likely he goes top-5.
Unless we take him as part of a 1-2 punch, I wont be surprised if, through no real fault of his own, Jagpipes becomes a slider.

He'd fit with St.Kilda and Lyon's absolute demand that players run all game long.

I have him much higher than that, but its hard to see how he fits for a few clubs.