2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I liken this upcoming draft period to waking up on Christmas morning to the sight of brand new toys.

I may have heard this said somewhere before? :unsure: :cool:
Just gotta hope it's your name on all the good toys n not your brothers n sisters names.

Why would you leave Richmond to go to Tassie unless you're a Tasmanian?
Money Win GIF

With this draft been so strong and 2025 rumoured to be shallow , I hope we go hard at this draft and don’t trade much into next years.

I wonder if we have much intrest in Davidson ? Maybe someone will come with a future 1st and a 30ish for our 18ish , letting us take Davidson , that’s if we have any intrest in him, more chance of hoping he get to the rookie draft I’m guessing

Reactions: 1 users
Really hope Jake Bachelor is a good developer of young talent as he is going to have a lot to work with in about a month. Must get all the help he needs

Reactions: 6 users
With this draft been so strong and 2025 rumoured to be shallow , I hope we go hard at this draft and don’t trade much into next years.

I wonder if we have much intrest in Davidson ? Maybe someone will come with a future 1st and a 30ish for our 18ish , letting us take Davidson , that’s if we have any intrest in him, more chance of hoping he get to the rookie draft I’m guessing
The media jocks have just come out and said they’ve changed their minds. 2025 is the good draft. This one is a stinker. Serves Richmond right for being greedy and corrupt 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Where is a good place for anyone to go to educate themselves on our potential draftees this year? Is Pick 1 unofficially already known?

I've found the available information this year to be less clear compared to a couple of years ago. There's so many cheese sandwich sauces.

If Richmond takes all eight picks those players will all come out of contract at the same time at the end of 2027 — in the months before Tasmania comes into the league.

It would create an inflationary effect given top 25 picks are often paid as much as $500,000 in their fourth seasons so spreading out those picks over two seasons would put less pressure on the salary cap.
We'll have to be smart with it, but should be able to spread the cash out & get them extended in yr 2 etc.

Where is a good place for anyone to go to educate themselves on our potential draftees this year? Is Pick 1 unofficially already known?

I've found the available information this year to be less clear compared to a couple of years ago. There's so many cheese sandwich sauces.
This thread has the best info available.
You might want to start back at page 1 though. (&just ignore anything Bengal says about Lalor- I think they are related (which considering they are both from somewhere near Ballarat is a strong possibility even if they don't know it))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
probably been discussed before; but LIVE trading on night one- 18, 20 and 23 could be used pretty well. And having the opening pick of night 2 (currently 24); we could be thrown quite a few 1st round picks for 2025... or if someone we rate highly is still there after night 1- we could possibly get a double with a '25 1st round pick and a later '24 second rounder to secure what we already wanted (obviously we'd have to know who the other club were going to select with pick 24 before agreeing to it though...).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
We still have 2-3 weeks to pick trade before the trade period ends until draft day when live trading can go on, so maybe some good chats around Pick 2 can happen over the coming weeks.

Reactions: 1 user