2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If Richmond takes all eight picks those players will all come out of contract at the same time at the end of 2027 — in the months before Tasmania comes into the league.

It would create an inflationary effect given top 25 picks are often paid as much as $500,000 in their fourth seasons so spreading out those picks over two seasons would put less pressure on the salary cap.
No they won’t.
Draftees from pick 1 to 20 sign on tracts for three years. Picks 21 onwards contracts are for two years.
Contracts can be upgraded and extended at any time during that period.

*edit. Apologies Fastfords, SlowWillos didn’t read the rest of the posts and went off quicker than Blair swapping good picks for P20 😊

I liken this upcoming draft period to waking up on Christmas morning to the sight of brand new toys.

I may have heard this said somewhere before? :unsure: :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1Richmond
2North Melbourne
3Carlton
4Adelaide
5Melbourne
6Richmond
7St Kilda
8St Kilda
9Melbourne
10Richmond
11Richmond
12West Coast
13Gold Coast
14Fremantle
15GWS
16GWS
17Geelong
18Richmond
19Sydney
20Richmond
21GWS
22Sydney
23Richmond
24Richmond

Reactions: 1 users
Any of 18,20,23 or 24 will get us excellent picks(s) in the 2025 draft.

Just depends on what we value more highly.
Yup i would be extremely surprised if we didnt end up with a couple more 1st round selections and possibly 1 or two extra second and thirds next year.

I reckon teams will be clamoring for them prior and on the night of the draft once we hit those late teen picks

Reactions: 1 users