2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Sorry. I've accidentally hijacked the Draft thread with Trade talk. It's too late for me to move my post.

In the context that there's no 5-6 on offer, it's a very good deal.

Bolton deal could get us Armstrong, Berry and JWhitlock.
I’ll take that.

Why Jack?

On the trade. Of Shai. We took unders IMO. And I am certain that if Shai had wanted togo to any Victorian club we would have got a lot more. Much more like market value.

On the situation, the game. RFC had one and only one qualified bidder. It was Freo or walk. We are *smile* weak here.

Given how weak Blair's cards were he had to fold them. Weak cards. Take the bid or walk. As late as possible, Blair folded. He had no cards it was inevitable.

That Blair strategically folded is not a criticism of Blair. He'd a bin mad to walk.

But it doesn't mean we got a fair return on Shai. We aren't nice. We aren't stupid. Blair shrewdly played the weak cards he had.

If Toce can pick up geniuses with the picks that's Toce's magic. That Blair strategically and wisely folded is his.

Reactions: 11 users
Sorry. I've accidentally hijacked the Draft thread with Trade talk. It's too late for me to move my post.

On the trade. Of Shai. We took unders IMO. And I am certain that if Shai had wanted togo to any Victorian club we would have got a lot more. Much more like market value.

On the situation, the game. RFC had one and only one qualified bidder. It was Freo or walk. We are *smile* weak here.

Given how weak Blair's cards were he had to fold them. Weak cards. Take the bid or walk. As late as possible, Blair folded. He had no cards it was inevitable.

That Blair strategically folded is not a criticism of Blair. He'd a bin mad to walk.

But it doesn't mean we got a fair return on Shai. We aren't nice. We aren't stupid. Blair shrewdly played the weak cards he had.

If Toce can pick up geniuses with the picks that's Toce's magic. That Blair strategically and wisely folded is his.

Makes sense Jack

Reactions: 1 user

How was it unders ? What deal are you comparing it to ? Most people think we have done very well. First round picks are highly valued in this draft, just look at what was bid on pick 13 as a guide.

Agree with that.

Out: Martin, Grimes, Baker, Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Naismith
Out Of Contract: Dow, Cumberland, Macintosh

Potentially 10 out.
Missed Pickett as an out
4 retired, 4 traded, 3 out of contract, but we were already a net 2 up on list sizes after the MSD.

Max list spots is 9

Anyone have any intel as to whether we are likely to take out NGA kid. I've again forgotten his name if anyone can help me out?

I reckon that’s a very tough analysis.

The reality of what we were going to get was always different to what the expectations might have been on a Richmond fan site.

I honestly don’t mean this as a criticism because I have enjoyed the machinations of the fans on PRE enormously but actually doing the deals was always going to be much harder than theoretically putting trades together and posting about them.

I reckon we have done ridiculously well and I am sure that if you ask opposition fans almost all would agree.