2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Where's all the Lalor at 1 talk come from?

Twomey certainly hasn't marked it in. And he knows more than anyone outside club land.
It was on this thread, Bryan. Somebody (no names mentioned) posted Lalor favoured at #1 as a little bit of mail right here hours before Twomey tweeted it. Then another media outlet, say Fairfax. When was that? A week ago? A flurry. Twomey in it.

Since then there has been more mail/scuttlebutt around.

Lalor at #1? Not controversial at all. $1.35? $1.80? $1.15? He's short. It's possible you can't get on. I wouldn't lay it - this kind of market is dodgy at the best of times. People know. And they talk.

Reactions: 2 users
It was on this thread, Bryan. Somebody (no names mentioned) posted Lalor favoured at #1 as a little bit of mail right here hours before Twomey tweeted it. Then another media outlet, say Fairfax. When was that? A week ago? A flurry. Twomey in it.

Since then there has been more mail/scuttlebutt around.

Lalor at #1? Not controversial at all. $1.35? $1.80? $1.15? He's short. It's possible you can't get on. I wouldn't lay it - this kind of market is dodgy at the best of times. People know. And they talk.

Fair enough.

Twomey today intimated it was still open and FoS can still go 1 is all.

Fair enough.

Twomey today intimated it was still open and FoS can still go 1 is all.
Ah, that would make spook pretty happy, Bryan.

Once we have Lalor in place the board starts to take shape. And we can extrapolate.

Some people think FOS should be #1. Wouldn't pick #2 be super hot to those people? What about those who think that of Smith?

Moves up the board. #3 taken. Pick #2 hot.

So that's all of our remaining picks outside of the top 25 - if we do this then we're not getting 10 & 11 unless we give up a future pick.
Not sure of what you mean. Our remaining picks - the ones that have a point value attached - are 51, 61 and 70. The value of these three combined is sufficient to give The Suns enough points to match a bid on Lombard

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure of what you mean. Our remaining picks - the ones that have a point value attached - are 51, 61 and 70. The value of these three combined is sufficient to give The Suns enough points to match a bid on Lombard
Ah, I'm talking bigger picture. You're right that we're giving up 51, 61 & 70, those are our last picks with value (outside of top 25), and that we're giving them to GCS along with Daniel for 6 & 23. My point is that doing will mean that we don't have any to give Freo besides Shai, and not having a sweatener will make it tough for us to get 10 & 11 from him.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users