2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I would love FOS, Smith and Armstrong with our first 3 picks - can’t see it happening as Smith will most likely be gone at 6.

Thats where trading for 2 comes in.

FOS and Smith with 1 and 2.

Armstong / Berry / Travaglia / Lindsay / Reid with 10 and 11 and see who slips for the picks from 20-24

Reactions: 1 user

Armstong / Berry / Travaglia / Lindsay / Reid with 10 and 11 and see who slips for the picks from 20-24
Is Blair still knocking on Dumbnorf's door? "Hello North...can you hear me?.....we need to speak...."

Reactions: 1 user
Good wrap.

It also means if Thursfield wants the Viking. He can be very confident he'll get to 5.

Means the trade of 2 for 5 + 9 appeals to North..

Not sure it will to Melbourne though. Means they will have given up the world (once take into account the cost for pick 9) for one player.
Melbourne has no interest or intentions of trading 2 picks in top 10

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah agree Jack.

Thing is Melbourne have absolutely nothing to add to 5 (except 9) either this year or next. Unless a player comes in.

Or they split 9. Again unlikely.
Unless Taylor can convince Thursfield he will take Tauru at #5 he has no power in this. If he can convince Thursfield of this, well, we have a game.

Taylor has terrific cards if Thursfield is wedded to Tauru. Suppose Taylor parlays into #2 and then puts it on the table by menacing whoever Carlton wants at #3, say Smith? He could keep going until he has to take the player he wants. Or later. If he wants say Bo Allan and Armstrong. FWIW I cred the FOS rumour to some extent. But it may be say Smith.

This much I am pretty certain of. Taylor has Lalor a lock at #1.

Thursfield is no dummy. He is under massive pressure here. I'm interested in how he handles the Noibsploiting psychopath Jason Taylor. The Bogan Blofeld of the 2024 draft!

Yeah agree Jack.

Thing is Melbourne have absolutely nothing to add to 5 (except 9) either this year or next. Unless a player comes in.

Or they split 9. Again unlikely.
Tim Lamb on Trade Radio now. Talking up the draft big time. They still may use those picks to improve their draft hand.

Trading for 2 would be to add FOS to Lalor. (We're taking Lalor at 1.)

Good chance Jagga is there at 6.

On the board right now-

1. Lalor
2. Tauru if Thursfield keeps it. Rather likely to trade IMO.

3. FOS? Or Smith?
4. FOS or Smith?
5. Draper, Langford or Smillie?

If Taylor wants Smith or FOS he will probably have to trade up. Almost certainly. Mm. Maybe Thursfield has more power than I was thinking. He will have a bead on Taylor's agenda.

Taylor and Thursfield should string each other out. What if somebody breaks a leg? Or becomes a monk or something. There's plenty of time to trade draft choices.

Where's all the Lalor at 1 talk come from?

Twomey certainly hasn't marked it in. And he knows more than anyone outside club land.

Reactions: 4 users