2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Tiger deals on doorstep as Blues pounce on prized pick, forward finds new home — Trade Whispers​

A wantaway Richmond utility is set to get his trade wish as Carlton pounces on one of the draft’s most prized selections.

Meanwhile, the Tigers and Suns are nearing agreement on a price for Daniel Rioli.

It will be interesting to see if the Blues deal for pick 3 goes ahead.
They would surely need to add a lot more to 12 & 14 than just Owies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Port
In: Jack Lukosius, Rory Atkins, Jo Richards , Picks 13, 29, 36
Out: Dan Houston, Picks 39, 58
And they knock that deal back.

Richmond are being told by ther media that Dan Rioli is worth pick 6and 23 and Bolton isn't worth picks 10 and 11.

Even Gold Coat for Lukosius, a player they are throwing all over the place for limited success.
IN: 2 x future first rounders, Pick 39, John Noble
OUT: Lukosius and pick 29
So basically 2 first rounders for a guy that is all over the shop.

It's not enough that the media turn a blind eye to the reaming the AFL give us:
* Umpiring to different standard to other clubs
* Changing every rule under the sun to halt our succes, even to the point of totally changing the look of the game
* A total of 19 Brownlow votes for the whole team in 2024. LDU scored 18 himself in a team that JUST shaded us for the year.
* Almost impossible for us to get a Rising Star nomination ove the last 8 years
* Reamed on free agency compensation every year.

God help us if the AFL decide that in future they will decide what teams have to give up for trades.
We'd be losing Bolton, Baker and Rioli for John Noble and we'd have to give picks to even up the trade.
We were the lovable losers, it took 37 years of mediocrity for most to soften toward Richmond. Then we started winning - and boy oh boy did the bias and corruption come on strong against us. AFL HQ, umpires, media...all. I'm not a conspiracy theorist - I hate that BS, but the evidence is compelling.

Reactions: 1 users
Port
In: Jack Lukosius, Rory Atkins, Jo Richards , Picks 13, 29, 36
Out: Dan Houston, Picks 39, 58
And they knock that deal back.

Richmond are being told by ther media that Dan Rioli is worth pick 6and 23 and Bolton isn't worth picks 10 and 11.

Even Gold Coat for Lukosius, a player they are throwing all over the place for limited success.
IN: 2 x future first rounders, Pick 39, John Noble
OUT: Lukosius and pick 29
So basically 2 first rounders for a guy that is all over the shop.

It's not enough that the media turn a blind eye to the reaming the AFL give us:
* Umpiring to different standard to other clubs
* Changing every rule under the sun to halt our succes, even to the point of totally changing the look of the game
* A total of 19 Brownlow votes for the whole team in 2024. LDU scored 18 himself in a team that JUST shaded us for the year.
* Almost impossible for us to get a Rising Star nomination ove the last 8 years
* Reamed on free agency compensation every year.

God help us if the AFL decide that in future they will decide what teams have to give up for trades.
We'd be losing Bolton, Baker and Rioli for John Noble and we'd have to give picks to even up the trade.
I think port also had to pay their F1 in the deal?

It week be interesting to see if the Blues deal for pick 3 good ahead.

Weak by the eagles to now accept blues offer!
Reading many comments their supporters are not happy. They believe they should be getting more than 12 and 14, well blues adding on Owies 😂

• Haha
Has anybody got a source for Blair saying that we're not interested in trading up in this draft?

Can't quite a source jack, but he did say that in an jnterview.

but only to a specific question about Baker and a preference for a pick not a "move" of picks.

Wasn't a holistic trade period response.

Has anybody got a source for Blair saying that we're not interested in trading up in this draft?
I haven’t seen it but it doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

To me there is only one chance to do it that we should consider and that is north’s pick 2 and we North can do that deal anytime between now and after we select pick 1 on draft night.

You would think they would only do it if they 100% knew they would still get their targeted player.

We are probably the only ones who can do it ..probably

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the Blues deal for pick 3 goes ahead.
allegedly done. Kudos to Carlton. Feel a bit sorry for Owies, he'll be 'bloody pick 3' for the rest of his career if this goes through. Unless I'm missing something, he is the premium. He's not a bad player for what he is I suppose, but shouldn't be anywhere near any deals involving a top 10 let alone a top 5 pick. The points for the picks are thereabouts. Amazing.

So then Wet Coke get Bakes, Owies n pick 12 for pick 3 in a wide open and even draft that hasn't had any of the standout obvious early pick mega star kids. Dunno that it's outrageously bad, especially if they get their local bloke in Bo Allan as well. But it's Wet Coke so who really cares.

Reactions: 3 users
The media down plays the trade value of Bolton, Rioli and Baker, but mark my words, that after the dust settles and the media is assessing how each club performed during the trade period, they will be slamming us as under performers for what we were able to get relative to the talent that was traded out.
C -

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The media down plays the trade value of Bolton, Rioli and Baker, but mark my words, that after the dust settles and the media is assessing how each club performed during the trade period, they will be slamming us as under performers for what we were able to get relative to the talent that was traded out.
C -
Gotta remember the meedjia n a few on here had us wiping out the trade period n getting a dozen picks in the first 35. Obviously failed that mark so we'll be doing well to rate a C- n not a straight up F.

Can't quite a source jack, but he did say that in an jnterview.

but only to a specific question about Baker and a preference for a pick not a "move" of picks.

Wasn't a holistic trade period response.

one thing lost on this is that I reckon we see the draft pool very much the same way Clarke does

He worked for us for years, the players have been put in order and ranked from 16 yr olds, he knows our list, and i reckon his list is similar

We both see the pool as very even

If he was prepared to trade 3 for 12 and 14, I reckon we are not prepared to trade 5 and 10 for 2, for the same reasons

Reactions: 5 users
allegedly done. Kudos to Carlton. Feel a bit sorry for Owies, he'll be 'bloody pick 3' for the rest of his career if this goes through. Unless I'm missing something, he is the premium. He's not a bad player for what he is I suppose, but shouldn't be anywhere near any deals involving a top 10 let alone a top 5 pick. The points for the picks are thereabouts. Amazing.
Yeh, he has kicked 60.25 goals in last 2 years as a small forward with not heaps of game time in comparison to some other small forwards. No star but would be getting a game for us.

Gotta remember the meedjia n a few on here had us wiping out the trade period n getting a dozen picks in the first 35. Obviously failed that mark so we'll be doing well to rate a C- n not a straight up F.
Not sure about that, so far we seem to be getting fair value for each trade if Baker and Rioli deals go ahead as advertised. I thought we had paid too much for the Brisbane pick but when you look at what clubs have been willing to offer for Pick 13 maybe it wasn’t too bad after all. Just need to see the result of the Bolton deal now. If we can get 10 and 11 or 10, 18 and 30, I think we couldn’t of asked for much more to be honest.

Last edited:
Carlton have done well to get pick three, but let's dissect what they have paid for it.

This from a Carlton fan!

We PAID for pick 3 with TWO first rounders (current & future) and a future 2nd + Owies. Let that sink in

Reactions: 3 users