2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Well one of the top 2 isn't available to anyone but Brisvegas. As for separating from the pack, there's been a whole mob of blokes all rated virtually equal all year, yet now that they've stopped playing footy. Someones somehow moved ahead of the rest?????
They have been secretly playing kick to kick at the MCG.

That would be a terrible deal for the Bombers- they must be confident the Dees wont make finals next year.

They are no certainty to make them.

Gawn older, Petracca injury, Oliver mental, May about to fall off a cliff.

They rely on them more than ever. Plus off field stuff.

Reckon if you are banking on trading for a future first being early - Dees are better than chance than most.

Reactions: 4 users
Also what do know. Anyone thinking we'll get 13 from GC for Rioli in any shape are dreaming.

With the offers they are getting it will be sold well before Prince's trade goes through.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
On Lawler and his injuries.

They have to be taken into consideration. If they are ticked off as once off that is OK (for now).

He does have absolute elite talent, but if we do take him at 1 - Given his background (cricket), body shape and lack of consistent football this year:

It will be a slow burn to get him aerobically up to midfield AFL football. Would suggest 2028/29 at earliest to be a primary mid spending vast majority of his time there. And that is with a good injury run - An interrupted run will be longer.

We'll need to be patient. He is a talent and can see why some are in love.

Huge Huge call at 1 coming up. If we do the above and it backfires with known injury/aerobic issues and Jagga and lesser extent FoS light it up for other clubs when they played for our VFL team. There can be no excuse, bad luck or woe is us stories.

It will be a legacy Blair and Toce will live with far greater than the Buddy/Tambling debacle.

Given the exposure of the players to the club and all supporters - Big Big legacy (for the people involved) call coming up.

GL!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
On Lawler and his injuries.

They have to be taken into consideration. If they are ticked off as once off that is OK (for now).

He does have absolutel elite talent, but if we do take him at 1 - Given his background (cricket), body shape and lack of consistent football this year:

It will be a slow burn to get him aerobically up to midfield AFL football. Would suggest 2028/29 at earliest to be a primary mid spending vast majority of his time there. And that is with a good injury run - An interrupted run will be longer.

We'll need to be patient. He is a talent and can see why some are in love.

Huge Huge call at 1 coming up. If we do the above and it backfires with known injury/aerobic issues and Jagga and lesser extent FoS light it up for other clubs when they played for our VFL team. There can be no excuse, bad luck or woe is us stories.

It will be a legacy Blair and Toce will live with far greater than the Buddy/Tambling debacle.

Given the exposure of the players to the club and all supporters - Big Big legacy (for the people involved) call coming up.

GL!!!
Funny you should mention Buddy / Tambling though as in that scenario Tambling was seen as the safe pick and Buddy was the gamble, supposed off field issues etc.

Reactions: 5 users
So it would probably take our pick 10 and Baker as a minimum to get their pick 3
I read it that WC have 2 considerations
1. Gotta get the Baker deal. Freo have put enormous pressure on with their offer of 10,11 and 18.
2. Want Allen. Getting a pick after Freo's 10,11 isnt helpful.

Both reasons have Freo breathing down their necks, not just because of 2 teams in a small town but both teams chasing the same prizes.

I hope we get 3. And then take Allen and Lindsay at 10 & 11

Funny you should mention Buddy / Tambling though as in that scenario Tambling was seen as the safe pick and Buddy was the gamble, supposed off field issues etc.

Absolutely - Great point Dell Boy. The best recruiters find champions.

Really like Lawler as well. Not saying what is right and wrong - bit to differ from the above his is more the physical risk.

Reactions: 1 user
I read it that WC have 2 considerations
1. Gotta get the Baker deal. Freo have put enormous pressure on with their offer of 10,11 and 18.
2. Want Allen. Getting a pick after Freo's 10,11 isnt helpful.

Both reasons have Freo breathing down their necks, not just because of 2 teams in a small town but both teams chasing the same prizes.

I hope we get 3. And then take Allen and Lindsay at 10 & 11
Not sure how you plan on getting pick 3 without giving up one of either pick 10 or 11? And not sure we’ll get both those picks for just Bolton.
Are you thinking trading Baker and pick 6 for pick 3? Because Baker and pick 20 won’t cut it.

Not sure how you plan on getting pick 3 without giving up one of either pick 10 or 11? And not sure we’ll get both those picks for just Bolton.
Are you thinking trading Baker and pick 6 for pick 3? Because Baker and pick 20 won’t cut it.
True. Probably my mistake, its late.
Baker and 10 for 3 seems the most likely chance for us to go up the order.

But i'd like both Allan and Lindsay

What do we think of 1,2,11,18,20,23 and 24.

That's a Jagga-FOS combo and a lot of other talent.

I think 6+10 goes close to getting 2. Norf get Tauru plus a very good player on top.

Reactions: 1 users