2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Spook seems certain of it, SA. And that Taylor is the threat.

Is Taylor working a deal to get #9? To offer with #5 for #2? How can he get #9? Clarrie? What else could he do?

5+9 > 6+11
No chance of getting 9 without giving up 5 and some. It ain’t happening.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure why pick 3 isnt a prize- based on performance there is 1 clear stand out- Smith- and based on potential there are 2 clear standouts- FOS and Bengal.
Surely any 2 of those is better than 1 and one of the next line? or all 3!
You have a point Brodders. I am a huge fan of Jagga. Would happily take him. But not sure recruiters think that. Langford, Draper etc are right up there.

Reactions: 1 users
Blues are after FOS , Draper or Lalor obviously. if they are going for #3 .............shown their hand.

Is there another that theyd be reaching for as a midfielder ? Langford?

Spot on mate!

Here's the 2nd part of the article.

The Blues are eyeing a top three selection in hopes of landing of the premium midfield prospect in this draft such as Finn O’Sullivan, who’s cousins with Sam Walsh, Sam Lalor, Harvey Langford and Sid Draper.

Interesting if we went the opposite way...
Take Freo's offer of 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker
Take Gold Coast's 6 and 23 for Rioli
Swap our pick 1 for Saints' 7 and 8 (and future 1st)

We'd have picks 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24
No way. The draft is even and deep but the top 2 are separating themselves from the pack.

Reactions: 6 users
Interesting if we went the opposite way...
Take Freo's offer of 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker
Take Gold Coast's 6 and 23 for Rioli
Swap our pick 1 for Saints' 7 and 8 (and future 1st)

We'd have picks 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24
Bloody interesting and different to say the least. For the loss of the 1st pick option which is Ashcroft ( only in my humble opinion, who we won't get anyway ).
It's an option well worth considering.

No way. The draft is even and deep but the top 2 are separating themselves from the pack.
Well one of the top 2 isn't available to anyone but Brisvegas. As for separating from the pack, there's been a whole mob of blokes all rated virtually equal all year, yet now that they've stopped playing footy. Someones somehow moved ahead of the rest?????

Reactions: 1 user