2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We had apparently reached agreement on pick 14 for Baker, but the Hawks got impatient and perhaps a little unhinged following the further publicity concerning their Federal Court case.

Baker won't be left for Fremantle and a pick 3 split now looks much more likely with WC keeping Barrass.

Hartley was somewhat pointed in his remarks the other day about doing the best he can for us and how the bidding system is supposed to work ie without corrupt arrangements between clubs. As predicted he has so far stuck to his guns and our interests in regard to a reasonable return on wanted Richmond men, Shai and Dan.

It looks then increasingly like 6, 10, 11 and 13 are coming our way, with salary assistance going back.. plus enough indignant media reaction to last us all until rd 1.

Baker I think, will get to West Coast with pick 13 and a future 3rd for pick 3 and a future 2nd, fair weight.

That would give us picks 1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 20, 24, 51, 61 and PSD 1, to be added to players already taken in Blight and Gray. (No predictions 1 to 6.. too close to call, but I have Draper and Taura available at 10 and 11).

Delisted I have Baker, Bolton, Coulthard, Cumberland, Dow, Graham, Grimes, Martin, McIntosh, Naismith, Pickett and Rioli.

Don't want to lose Shai in particular but that is a mighty hand..
Have you left out 13 or did someone else pick it from the Magic Draft Pick Tree?
Oh I see......bye.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
How did the WEagles blunder?
Do you think they should have just taken what ever was offered for their contracted player?

Should we do the same?
"with the Hawks having offered picks 14, a late pick and a future third-round pick for Barrass and a late selection". I would have told them to shove it. There was talk before trade period including from Twomey that the hawks would need to offer two first round picks.

That's why I mentioned a sweetener. I too can't see it happening, a straight out 1st pick. Not sure how WC are going to get Baker
They are more likely now to split that pick 3 after blundering the barrass pick 14 deal

Eagles hand us pick 3 and Richmond hands over Baker and pick11 (on the proviso we get 10&11 from Freo) is one deal that could work for both. They get Bakes and potentially Bo Allen

Or they could do a deal with Blues for 12 and 14 and hand us pick 12 for Baker, but our deal would be slightly better than this scenario.
yep, that’s certainly a possibility. I was more talking about claims of WC giving up their F1 for baker. Apologies to tigerlove, as I may have misquoted them.

Reactions: 1 users
How did the WEagles blunder?
Do you think they should have just taken what ever was offered for their contracted player?

Should we do the same?

Do you really need me to explain it? Well, I guess I have to. At no time once the trading opened was it reported that the Eagles requested 2 first-rounders whereas Richmond did, heck everyone knows we want two for Bolton and two for Rioli and most know we want one first-rounder for Bakes. This isn't something new Brodders it's known throughout.
The deal for Barrass was pick 14 and a future 2nd (and a future 3rd being returned), they dragged their feet and Hawks said stuff ya and did the deal with the Blues.
There are no other takers for Barrass so the Eagles need to keep that in mind or he stays. Tom will be 30 next year.

I guess it will still get done maybe using their future first. What it does now is almost force Eagles hand to split their pick 3 whereas they may have wanted to keep it.

Richmond has from the get-go put out what we want so anything less wouldn't go through. Bolton is only 25, Baker 26 and Rioli is 27.
We have demand, both freo and eagles want bolton and baker. And GC, dimma want Rioli bigtime. We won't accept pick 6 on its own and GC knows that.

And I am hellbent on getting 10&11 for Bolton. If not, I'm more than happy for him to stay.
Rioli pick 6 won't cut it and will have to be at least 6&23
Baker, I have already explained the situation do a deal with Eagles pick 3 or if they do a deal with the Blues we get pick 12 or 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do you really need me to explain it? Well, I guess I have to. At no time once the trading opened was it reported that the Eagles requested 2 first-rounders whereas Richmond did, heck everyone knows we want two for Bolton and two for Rioli and most know we want one first-rounder for Bakes. This isn't something new Brodders it's known throughout.
The deal for Barrass was pick 14 and a future 2nd (and a future 3rd being returned), they dragged their feet and Hawks said stuff ya and did the deal with the Blues.
There are no other takers for Barrass so the Eagles need to keep that in mind or he stays. Tom will be 30 next year.

I guess it will still get done maybe using their future first. What it does now is almost force Eagles hand to split their pick 3 whereas they may have wanted to keep it.

Richmond has from the get-go put out what we want so anything less wouldn't go through. Bolton is only 25, Baker 26 and Rioli is 27.
We have demand, both freo and eagles want bolton and baker. And GC, dimma want Rioli bigtime. We won't accept pick 6 on its own and GC knows that.

And I am hellbent on getting 10&11 for Bolton. If not, I'm more than happy for him to stay.
Rioli pick 6 won't cut it and will have to be at least 6&23
Baker, I have already explained the situation do a deal with Eagles pick 3 or if they do a deal with the Blues we get pick 12 or 14.
Thanks explaining all that, but I think that is a pretty Richmond-centric view of the trades.
Basically, we know what we want and if we don't get them we will keep the players, but the WEagles should have just traded Barrass for what the Hawks offered, cos it was close enough.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we should draft Jags, he can marry Monique, and they'll produce 5 of the greatest midfielders of all time.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Thanks explaining all that, but I think that is a pretty Richmond-centric view of the trades.
Basically, we know what we want and if we don't get them we will keep the players, but the WEagles should have just traded Barrass for what the Hawks offered, cos it was close enough.

I think you're missing my point. Eagles didn't really want to use pick 3. Hoping to trade Barrass and pass on the Hawks 14 to us.
The Eagles aren't in our position as we have several suitors. I don't include GC as we know they will pay up as they want Dan they can't hide it that's blatantly obvious.
The Hawks do a deal with Blues even though their target is Barrass but they made the trade like if we miss out so be it.

So the Eagles now are more likely than not to use their pick 3, hence the snooze-you-lose comment.

Anyway, as long as our Tiges get what we want for our players that's all that really matters, stuff the rest.

Reactions: 2 users
Baker and 11 for pick 3 is a better deal for Eagles than Baker and 12/14 for 12/14.

Freo's pick trumps Carlton's pick, so Eagles would deal with us.

Yes, agree i already mentioned that on the previous page. Our deal supersedes a deal with the blues.

Lot of criticism of the Eagles, but did the Hawks just chuck a tantrum and throw the toys out of the cot? Every body knows the first week is just posturing and sizing up your opposition. Kind of feel sorry for the Eagles, and the Hawks look a little arrogant doing what they did.

Reactions: 8 users
Surely Hawthorn gave West Coast a heads-up that they were entertaining offers for pick 14 before they traded it? That's how you speed up making a deal. I reckon West Coast dropped the ball there.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Surely Hawthorn gave West Coast a heads-up that they were entertaining offers for pick 14 before they traded it? That's how you speed up making a deal. I reckon West Coast dropped the ball there.

DS
So if the Suns tell us they are getting offers for pick 6 should we just accept whatever they are offering for DRioli or we've dropped the ball if they trade it elsewhere?

So if the Suns tell us they are getting offers for pick 6 should we just accept whatever they are offering for DRioli or we've dropped the ball if they trade it elsewhere?

Sorry, but this comment is laughable.

Swapping picks is one thing, especially when most of the picks we were never going to use.

Swapping the current B&F winner is completely different.

Do I really need to explain?

DS

Watched all the videos I could of Lalor again. I'm all in. Strong as a bull, is quick, can take a decent mark, and has a great don't argue on him. Skills not too sloppy either, quite aggressive with is ball movement. Looked the closest to Dusty to me. Oh and the tackling is immense.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users