2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I'm thinking the Crows 1st pick week be up for grabs chr a couple of later 1st rd'ers.
We should aim for that. But only after we get the Roos and WEagles picks. And our band 1 compo

Slim-hipped dandy.

He’s got Tauru at #3, Joker. Bit of a radical take but a lot of fans have the idea that Third field will reach for a tall. I think he’ll take FOS.

The author is telling us that he has mail that Melbourne is weighing up a bid on Kako. The author mentions that the rumoured bid might amount to nothing.

Fwiw I give the Kako rumour a small chance because I like Kako. And maybe the Dees do too. But yeah, a roughie. They really should bid on Lombard.
Tauru at #3. So my read is there is clear mail that North are keen.
So will trade down to where Tauru is still available.

Who else takes AT?
Melbourne might be keen, though an Armstrong or Lalor/Langford would be primary.
St Kilda? Replace Battleaxe with a sharp Viking blade?
So North cant go too far back. GC /Rioli 7 might be a suitable landing

Reactions: 2 users
FOS 2.98. Also 2nd in running vertical jump - left foot and right foot. Serious football athlete.

Langford apparently 4th slowest in 20m.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Don't understand why the AFL make this data so hard to come by...oh that's right... its the AFL.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Some 20m results that may not be final

Top 5 in 20m

Gabriel Stumpf 2.815
Leo Lombard 2.851
Rhys Unwin 2.914
Jasper Alger 2.931
Malakai Champion 2.938

Top 5 Worst
Noah Mraz 3.258
Alex Dodson 3.248
Logan Smith 3.247
Harvey Langford 3.240
Eoin McEvoy 3.240

State combine

Top 5
Lennox Hofmann 2.861
Blake Leidler 2.887
Jayden Nguyen 2.887
Oliver Hannaford 2.954
Mitch Kirkwood-Scott 2.969

Top 5 Worst
Jordan Doherty 3.287
Oliver Dean 3.277
Luke Quaynor 3.267
Charlie Orchard 3.213
Nathaniel Sulzberger 3.212

Reactions: 4 users
FOS 2.98. Also 2nd in running vertical jump - left foot and right foot. Serious football athlete.

Langford apparently 4th slowest in 20m.
Wow great on FOS and Wow, (Bont & Cripps bad), on Langford but they are exceptions.

The mean range of elite AFL players' 20-m sprint times was 2.94-3.13 s

Last edited:
Drafting Langford after letting Graham go would be like replacing an old Kubota with a.....um...new Kubota but with more fancy attachments.

It's been 17 years since Richmond's last wooden spoon. This year, they found themselves at the bottom of the table with two wins to their name.
Cam Luke has give 10 reassuring reasons to Richmond fans in these tough times.

19PARi24JE0490.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Some 20m results that may not be final

Top 5 in 20m

Gabriel Stumpf 2.815
Leo Lombard 2.851
Rhys Unwin 2.914
Jasper Alger 2.931
Malakai Champion 2.938

Top 5 Worst
Noah Mraz 3.258
Alex Dodson 3.248
Logan Smith 3.247
Harvey Langford 3.240
Eoin McEvoy 3.240

State combine

Top 5
Lennox Hofmann 2.861
Blake Leidler 2.887
Jayden Nguyen 2.887
Oliver Hannaford 2.954
Mitch Kirkwood-Scott 2.969

Top 5 Worst
Jordan Doherty 3.287
Oliver Dean 3.277
Luke Quaynor 3.267
Charlie Orchard 3.213
Nathaniel Sulzberger 3.212
You the man @spook to know players are quick enough is important but now I am after the more important Yo-Yo, I am not sure where you are getting your results from? but do you have the Yo-Yo's?

Reactions: 1 user
Drafting Langford after letting Graham go would be like replacing an old Kubota with a.....um...new Kubota but with more fancy attachments.
Got a couple of things going for him ahead of Fridge. LangF knows how to get it. Racks it up. That always translates to one extent or another.
LangF is also a powerful mark. Also jags a few. So yeah. At any rate as we all know footy smarts trumps athletic ability every time. If you can get both, good on ya. And there's one staring us in the face.

Got a couple of things going for him ahead of Fridge. LangF knows how to get it. Racks it up. That always translates to one extent or another.
LangF is also a powerful mark. Also jags a few. So yeah. At any rate as we all know footy smarts trumps athletic ability every time. If you can get both, good on ya. And there's one staring us in the face.
Yes - they would be the fancy attachments.

Just had a look at Langford , can see the pace concerns but geez he’s a beast and very clean with a nice left boot , strong hands , wouldn’t want him at 1 in front of FOS , however no issue at 6 , imho has plenty of tools to been a very good AFL mid , in saying that definitely need to be adding some pace around him

Reactions: 6 users
Hannaford the big one for Leysy with 20m times. Wasn't 100% sure on his pace but that is well brisk enough.

Reckon him and Berry are way ahead of the next lot in the small forward stakes. Well ahead of Kako.

Depending on where our picks land we should seriously be considering either (or both) of those lads ILO.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users