2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Reactions: 1 users
Though the form guide is harder to read then your best bets you’ve dropped in the mud after the 7th at Flemington in June , it’s looking/ reading a little like we go Fos or Lalor at 1 and Smillie could well be the one at 6 , of course I have NFI , however just appears Cal has narrowed us down to 2 and his mail is exceptional.

The bolsters and sliders appear to be taking shape , trainor , Smillie and Draper appear to be heading closer to 10 then 1 , the Viking and Armstrong appear to be pushing up .

Should we be trying to get Bolton ( formerly known as Shai) to head to WC for 3 instead of Freo ? Are our big 3 ( Fos,Lalor, Smith) much better then the next bunch where we may get who we rate at 5 or 6 at 10, 11etc

Geez Blair and Toce have some tough calls , couple of big calls / opportunities that may appear as “bargains” are Trainor and Hotton

Can’t wait till Caesars report about he’s new Shai

Come on Mr B, you've made a fortune by backing the right horse, (Mr Brightside :cool: ), give us your unbackable favourite:cupgold

Great, I still want to see FOS called number 1 on draft night, 2k time trial and sub 3sec testing impressive, I expect his running vertical leap to also be right up there.

Looks a complete athlete

With A grade Football talent

Gunna be hard to ignore

Reactions: 6 users
The Flying Viking will be drafted to play forward.

Best one in the draft for Leysy.

I don't think we will draft any tall in our top 3 picks Leysy, if for example we have 1, 2 and 6 or 1, 3 and 6 there are just too many talented mids to let slip.

Not saying at pick 10 or 11 or 14 we wont grab him if he's still on the board but if not there's still Armstrong, Whitlock, and Shanahan who are all forwards and likely to go between 10-20

alex.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So we'd take Donut Guts at number 1 with just a handful of games this year - most just on the ok side - and with a myriad of soft tissue-hip injuries as well (one which he came back unfit from) and a recent and nasty 3 month hamstring as well - over Jagpipes and FOS ?

No way.

For as much as I like Donut Guts it's FOS or Jagga at 1 before him every single day of the week and twice on Sundays.
FOS
Jagga

Dunno about Lalor,Gives me a Jake Stringer vibe more than a Dusty.Talented but not motivated too go the extra yard professionally wise.

Reactions: 1 user
Slim-hipped dandy.
There is 0 chance that kako gets bid on at 6,u would be incompetent and 0 chance that fos gets to 7 ,article is off here.
He’s got Tauru at #3, Joker. Bit of a radical take but a lot of fans have the idea that Third field will reach for a tall. I think he’ll take FOS.

The author is telling us that he has mail that Melbourne is weighing up a bid on Kako. The author mentions that the rumoured bid might amount to nothing.

Fwiw I give the Kako rumour a small chance because I like Kako. And maybe the Dees do too. But yeah, a roughie. They really should bid on Lombard.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t contributed much to draft conversations but I have read everything all you guys have discussed. My opinion or hope is that we do everything we can to obtain picks 2 & 3 to go along with our pick 1 and select FOS, Smith & Lalor. I cannot see that any of the 3 will become duds and more likely to be very good to great players. We need guns and these 3 are it. We will lose later picks but we will still have a good enough hand to pick a key position forward or two and a small forward with the depth of this draft. We will also have a decent draft hand next year. These 3 could easily go number 1 in previous years drafts apart from ones where there have been a standout like Harley Reid. I don’t know why but I would prefer this approach than to spread out our picks because no other club has ever had the opportunity to be able to have picks 1, 2 & 3 in a draft and I’m sure if any club were in a position to do so, they would do everything they can to make it happen. So why not let it be us to make it happen and dominate this draft. It doesn’t have to be FOS, Smith & Lalor. If the club thinks there is a better player or players to fill those positions I would back them in. So long as they pick the 3 best kids in the draft is all that counts.

Reactions: 4 users