2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I guess its all about trying to find a tall mid such as a Cripps , Bontempelli or Green
Who can go get the ball stand up cant be tackled as they brush off a mid in the 180s and takes marks around the ground

They are super hard to find though, as others say, for every one of them, there are dozens of others that don't make it.

There certainly is some sort of love affair throughout the industry at the moment around the "big bodied mid", but unless you find one that is great at finding the ball, but more importantly has exceptional endurance, IMO they will either move to one of the flanks (HF or HB) or they will fail. We've seen that ourselves, when Vlastuin was recruited, so many wanted him to move to the midfield, but he wasn't anywhere near as good there, then we have the RCD's etc.

Reactions: 3 users
then you weren't listening. It was absolutely said about Shai Bolton when it first came out. “He is a contracted player and isn’t going anywhere” was the language used. Blair Hartley or someone like that said that there was no way we would consider trading Shai Bolton. This was about the time when Eddie’s son came out with the story .

As time went by the only time it was discussed was when Yze used to say that it was disrespectful to talk about contracted players. In hindsight something probably changed between the initial reaction and how it ended up.
You're right, they did when it was twitter speculation early June. Nothing since it got serious mid August onwards.

Anyway, time will tell whether accurate or aligns.

Reactions: 1 user
You're right, they did when it was twitter speculation early June. Nothing since it got serious mid August onwards.

Anyway, time will tell whether accurate or aligns.
Something changed in relation to Bolton and Rioli during that time. Whether that was player(s), the club or both I have no idea and probably no one on this site does either.

I guess its all about trying to find a tall mid such as a Cripps , Bontempelli or Green
Who can go get the ball stand up cant be tackled as they brush off a mid in the 180s and takes marks around the ground
Ough is that man

Reactions: 3 users
Why would Crows want Lynch?
Just having fun...trying to find a way to get the first 4 picks. Not happening.
However...Crows have no key forward so Lynch would be good value...but only for a year or two.
And...two Whitlocks would give us two key forwards , who we need to recruit anyway.
Would love us to get all of the best draftees...and Draper will be a gun.

However...Crows have no key forward so Lynch would be good value...but only for a year or two.
And...two Whitlocks would give us two key forwards , who we need to recruit anyway.
They have Thilthorpe and he is the young big key forward that Lynch won’t replace.

They have Thilthorpe and he is the young big key forward that Lynch won’t replace.
Well...Thrilthorpe has the physique and looks like he can play...but so far has done zilch. Was a sub or not selected some games this year. Would not bet the farm on him coming good.
Does not have what Lynch has...mongrel!
And..I was only throwing something from left field re Lynch.

Gotcha. Adelaide have following listed as tall forwards:

Thilthorpe 202cm 103kg 22yo
Murray 200 94 20
Himmelberg 199 99 26
Burgess 194 97 28
Fogarty 194 100 25
Gollant 193 85 23

Finished 15th, probably better served getting experience into some of these guys than Lynch.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Well...Thrilthorpe has the physique and looks like he can play...but so far has done zilch. Was a sub or not selected some games this year. Would not bet the farm on him coming good.
Does not have what Lynch has...mongrel!
And..I was only throwing something from left field re Lynch.
Thilthorpe was injured in the preseason and only came back later in the season and played initially as the sub.
He is going to be a very good player imo. Big man now and can take a grab.
Definitely capable of being a 50+ goal kpf in the next couple of years.

Reactions: 1 users
More like Ginbey mk2.

A physical specimen just like Ginbey but does he have the footballing nous to find enough of the ball at the next level?

I'd prefer Jack Ough - great skills, beautiful size, very young. He's not fast but he just floats over the ground - reminds me a little of Pendlebury although not (yet) as good.

I didn't see the game but watched him before.

and the thing is, a state premiership is as close to The Next Level as you can actually get.

statistically 6 tackles is very good for a kid at that level.

ive watched him a few times, and always thought hes a late first rounder.

Ginby is a good comparison I reckon