2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

New change to the 2025 points limit helps us.
Short answer is brisbane can carry less deficit into next year, else they cant match.

It was 1723 points, now its 1167.

Now they can still match with 17 /18 if they dont trade, and that downgrades next years picks.
Except for pick 1. They would not be able to match

Reactions: 1 users
Now that Draper has stated he wants a Big Melbourne club i would have no hesitation trading into pick 3 from WC

2 of Draper, FOS & Jagga and one of Lalor or Langford....would be a great start to our rebuild.
If we were to get 1 and 3 (still doubtful this will happen) I would take Jagga at 1 and whoever is left from FOS and Draper, and I’m leaning towards Draper over FOS.

Reactions: 2 users
If we were to get 1 and 3 (still doubtful this will happen) I would take Jagga at 1 and whoever is left from FOS and Draper, and I’m leaning towards Draper over FOS.
I am a huge FOS fan.
I would take Draper at 1.
Draper's speed is a weapon. He is attacking and his kicking is very accurate At full pace.

What's going on in SA - after Horne-Francis I would have thought they would bring something into the development pathway education of "don't talk about wanting/not wanting to go to clubs as it makes you look bad". Sure, think it, maybe even tell the club in interview, but don't put it in the media as it looks bad.

Anyway, I like him, his attack on the ball, his speed, and his desire to not play for the 2017 'if you're not first you're last' winning losers.

Reactions: 1 users
Problem is...it appears next years draft is much weaker than this, which is exceptionally strong.

If we have late teens or early second rounders in 2025 we will get more Sonsies Clarks and Banks.

This year...there are players likey to go after 30 who are vastly better than those ie. Ough Simms Whitlock M Champion..to name a few.
We will be missing higher quality.

I would only want top dozen or so in 2025 if we are trading out of second round in 2024.
Yep.Pick your Future pick wisely.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a post on another thread quoting Cal Twomey and what potential deals are looking like and if they happened it would leave us with Picks 1, 6,9,10,16,20,21,22 in the top 25 but we also have picks 29,39,41, 47, 57 and 72 ( I think).

We can pick 8 new players and still have other picks to get a good hand in 2025. To have 8 picks we would have to have 10 players leave.

There are lots of options to do both I reckon
The way i see it.
We have so many good picks that we will target both 2 & 3 by giving up a later pick for both.So we go down from say 8 picks too 6 but have total control of the first 3 picks
EG:1/2/3/10/12/18.
Any picks beyond that use for future picks.(Hello Pies/Cats)

The way i see it.
We have so many good picks that we will target both 2 & 3 by giving up a later pick for both.So we go down from say 8 picks too 6 but have total control of the first 3 picks
Now Draper wants to play in Vic....I really think we will need the first 4 picks !
Smith FOS Lalor Draper.
How do we do that ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Is this a preemptive strike by Drapers management because they know the Crows don't want to take him?

• Wow
The way i see it.
Could well be that way Duddy.

I’d love us to control the draft even more by having 3-4 picks in the first 6-7

Trade Balta too crows for pick 4.:cool:
Don't need to.
For Port Adelaide to get Lukosious they need a first round pick. Their first is at 35 will not be good enough. So they will look to trade Houston and get the first round pick to use to get Lukosious.

Now North Saints and Carlton are in the mix. North and Saints may come seeking to split their top 10 picks. A lot to play out

Reactions: 4 users
Trade Balta too crows for pick 4.:cool:
How about we trade Lynch to Crows...plus a later pick.
He needs replacing soon anyway.
We get pick 4....Draper. and..draft both Whitlock brothers with later picks.
Instant mid and forward lines fixed.

Last edited: