2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Folks are still spending their cash before it's in the bank.

I don't think we should be getting our hopes up that we're getting 8 first rounders, as we could end up with 2. Lots of disappointment coming if the AFL bend us over (again).
Maybe a new rule, something like only 2 first round picks per team, all other traded 1st rounders get forfeited. Wouldn't put it past them.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Don't reckon $hai should be on this list, but for the rest of them, hmmm. There's a handful of blue collar tradies n another handful of kids that might yet become tradies or a bit better. Not much that makes the eyes water or the ticker crank up though, guess that's what we need to be stocking up on this year.
I just listed all the 26yo and under. Shai is mute point anyway, he's going. And yep exactly, that to me is a scary average list in that age group.

Reactions: 1 user
Report now that Draper doesn't want to play for Adelaide and would prefer to be drafted by a "big Melbourne club".

EDIT: Sorry turns out one needs to read the latest posts in a thread before trying to be best newsbreaker in the business of posting on punt road end.😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
By the way peeps, this whole we are gonna have 75 draft picks is soooo New Richmond. It REEKS of future planning. It's 5D chess. Old Richmond is dead.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
It scares me if those with the inside word say we are looking to a) push picks into next year's lesser ranked draft pool and b) only take 8 picks over the two drafts. If either of those two things transpired (unless all 8 picks are first rounders), our footy department has completely lost the plot.
The post did say 8x 1st rounders over 2 years

Dunno if its been mentioned but Bo Allans premiership WAFL game looks pretty good on paper (didnt see it @tigerman ?)

11 disposals and 6 tackles

Senior State premierships for 18yos is good form
I watched the game on TV and I thought he was pretty underwhelming.
Haven’t seen him at all before that so very small sample size !

Reactions: 1 users
Strange about the Draper story.
Maybe he recalls the info about their infamous 2018 pre season camp, then sees first hand the Rachel saga n has managed a thought bubble or brain fart that Adelaide simply doesn't gell with his expectations. So he'd rather be picked to play elsewhere. A young Scully got a good look at the way Smelbourne went about things a few years back n couldn't get out of the place quick enough.

Now that Draper has stated he wants a Big Melbourne club i would have no hesitation trading into pick 3 from WC

2 of Draper, FOS & Jagga and one of Lalor or Langford....would be a great start to our rebuild.

Reactions: 3 users