2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Cooper Hynes . Stingrays co-captain. 190cm. average 26 disposals. kicks goals.

2nd in Morrish medal. should be ranked higher than he is.

Reactions: 1 user
we're not getting 6 and 12 for rioli. Maybe 6 and 26, 6 and 35, or 6 and 20 for rioli and 29.

Dont forget we have cap space.
So the rioli deal involves his salary.
GC with cap problems.

Agree with Poshy that GC trades.for.best deal.
So 6 & 12 for Rioli with his 100% salary in first year.
Make it hyper attractive.
Keeping in mind we have to play 95% next yr, we could very well do the same with Bolton, but the payoff is we get the best possible return at the trade table.

Rioli is the only one that i could say put in 100% effort in every game and imho believe if it dont work out hed still give it 100%
Suns want him, they courted him, made promises to him
They want him then they can pay up 6 & 12

I've said this same thing myself, however there becomes a balance.

If GC refuse to deal with Pick 6, then Rioli doesn't leave and comes back and puts in 100%. He's genuinely not 1 to act out of spite IMO, and will put in 100% for him.
However, he has asked to leave and if a strong offer is put forward for him, then I expect he expects to leave. Whilst we may posture that 6 and 12 is getting them to overpay (and there are reasons why we want that to happen), would you if you were in Dan's position?

A happy medium will occur. the Suns will pay up, but it seems that many here think we will hold them by the balls and squeeze squeeze squeeze, but I don't think we'll do it that hard. Afterall, "winning" the trade period gets you nowhere, Essendon is a great example, having good relationships with other clubs for future trades is also something that should be considered in any dealings.

I do think a lot of non Tiger fans under rate Dan, its clear to see on BF where people are saying he's not worth Pick 6. He absolutely is, but is he worth a lot more than that at 27? I'm not sure. I would think if we want Pick 12, we would need to be giving back a future 2nd.

They already have plenty of points this year though. If you ignore their 1st 3, they have 26, 35, 46 and 71 that have value, sure those picks may slide a few picks with compo / Ashcroft bids, but at the moment those 4 add up to 1,611 points. If Lombard is bid on at 10, they need (1395*80%) 1116 points to match with, so they already have plenty. They could lose 35 and still pretty much be able to cover him.

My thoughts on trades could be something like:
Lukosius and 20 for Adl F1st
Rioli for 6 and 35
Noble, Pie F2 and 51 for 12

That would leave the Suns with 26 (maybe we get that for Rioli and give them something back, either late or next year instead of the 35 pick), 46, 51 and 71 or 1348 points, so perhaps using 26 and getting back something late from us and something else in 2025 would be better for them, maybe if that was 26 instead of 35 and we give them back 57 and a F3 or something, that might work better for all round, but I reckon something like that.

I highly doubt they will take anyone other than Lombard in the draft, the other 2 will be rookie upgrades, they don't have many open list spots.
Where are our surplus picks going Posh? Just to the bears?

Pick 12 is meaningless to them. Its a commodity. They will trade it to whoever gives them the best offer, whether that includes Noble or not. They won't be taking it to the draft therefore its a commodity to sell.
Future first ideally for them but I can't find a suitor, can you?

If we obtain pick 12 from GC & Hotton/Trainor are still on the board (after taking Smith, O'Sullivan, & Lalor) do we take one of them?

If we obtain pick 12 from GC & Hotton/Trainor are still on the board (after taking Smith, O'Sullivan, & Lalor) do we take one of them?

That would make for 2.5 of our first 4 picks having injury questions hovering over them.

Lalor and Trainor/Hotton and then 0.5 on FOS as well.

Theres no way i wouldnt call Trainor at 12.

Hes quite likely as good as nick vlastuin and 2 inches taller

I still think he goes at Norf first pick

• Wow