2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Agreed. They have 3 picks in the 1st round this year that they'll want to trade out. Potentially 1 could be part of a Lukosius trade, the other 2 part of Dan and Noble IMO. Possibly we might be able to get 6 and 12, but we'd need to give up plenty (including future picks) to get both of them.

As much as I love Dan, the Saad trade is a guide for what we get. Essentially that was Pick 8 for Saad and 48. The fact that Dan's contracted and Saad wasn't is in our favour. Dan is also better than Saad but Saad was a year younger. Overall should mean we get a better trade than the Saad one. Pick 6 and something later is probably likely, if we can get 12 and give them picks particularly into next year then that could work too. If I was going to guess though, I'd think it might be something like 6 and 35 for Dan personally.
Intrigued that you think one of the Suns 1st rounders will be part of Lukosius trade ? What would the suns get back if they traded lukosius and a 1st round pick?
Lukosius is going to give the suns more draft capital

Intrigued that you think one of the Suns 1st rounders will be part of Lukosius trade ? What would the suns get back if they traded lukosius and a 1st round pick?

Adelaide's first next year (or similar).

Adelaide future 1st for Lukosius and Pick 20 is my thinking. There could be some later pick swaps but I reckon thats the basics of the deal.

Agreed. They have 3 picks in the 1st round this year that they'll want to trade out. Potentially 1 could be part of a Lukosius trade, the other 2 part of Dan and Noble IMO. Possibly we might be able to get 6 and 12, but we'd need to give up plenty (including future picks) to get both of them.

As much as I love Dan, the Saad trade is a guide for what we get. Essentially that was Pick 8 for Saad and 48. The fact that Dan's contracted and Saad wasn't is in our favour. Dan is also better than Saad but Saad was a year younger. Overall should mean we get a better trade than the Saad one. Pick 6 and something later is probably likely, if we can get 12 and give them picks particularly into next year then that could work too. If I was going to guess though, I'd think it might be something like 6 and 35 for Dan personally.
6 & 35? Then he stays a Tiger and honours his contract.

Absolute worst case its 6 & 20.

Reactions: 4 users
Adelaide future 1st for Lukosius and Pick 20 is my thinking. There could be some later pick swaps but I reckon thats the basics of the deal.
The problem with that is the Suns lose points this year. If they trade for Rioli and noble and do the deal you propose will they have enough points left?

Reactions: 1 user
The problem with that is the Suns lose points this year. If they trade for Rioli and noble and do the deal you propose will they have enough points left?

They already have plenty of points this year though. If you ignore their 1st 3, they have 26, 35, 46 and 71 that have value, sure those picks may slide a few picks with compo / Ashcroft bids, but at the moment those 4 add up to 1,611 points. If Lombard is bid on at 10, they need (1395*80%) 1116 points to match with, so they already have plenty. They could lose 35 and still pretty much be able to cover him.

My thoughts on trades could be something like:
Lukosius and 20 for Adl F1st
Rioli for 6 and 35
Noble, Pie F2 and 51 for 12

That would leave the Suns with 26 (maybe we get that for Rioli and give them something back, either late or next year instead of the 35 pick), 46, 51 and 71 or 1348 points, so perhaps using 26 and getting back something late from us and something else in 2025 would be better for them, maybe if that was 26 instead of 35 and we give them back 57 and a F3 or something, that might work better for all round, but I reckon something like that.

I highly doubt they will take anyone other than Lombard in the draft, the other 2 will be rookie upgrades, they don't have many open list spots.

Rioli is our best player and hes contracted
Suns want him its 6 and 12 or he plays out his contract with us

There's also a balance. Rioli would 100% come back and play with us if they don't offer us a strong deal. If we reject a strong deal in order to get an exceptional deal, do you reckon he's still at ease with coming back or do you reckon he comes back pissed off?

Won't get 6 and 12 without giving something significant back.

Talk is of Collingwood's future 1st + Noble for 12 (and maybe something else back). If so you can forget about Richmond getting 6 + 12.

Last edited:
Won't get 6 and 12 with giving something significant back.

Talk is of Collingwood's future 1st + Noble for 12 (and maybe something else back). If so you can forget about Richmond getting 6 + 12.

Surely Collingwood would be idiots to even consider giving up their future 1st for a deal involving Noble? Did they not learn from the *smile* debacle from last season?

Surely Collingwood would be idiots to even consider giving up their future 1st for a deal involving Noble? Did they not learn from the *smile* debacle from last season?
They're not getting pick 12 for Noble and a F2.

They'll walk away from Noble before they lose Rioli.

Reactions: 1 users

Think it would be involved around Collingwood needing pick 12 in a potential Dan Houston trade

Won't get 6 and 12 with giving something significant back.

Gold Coast are not giving pick 12 for Noble.

Some Collingwood nuffie on X mentioned it and now is gospel.