2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Gold Coast are not giving pick 12 for Noble.

Some Collingwood nuffie on X mentioned it and now is gospel.

Pick 12 is meaningless to them. Its a commodity. They will trade it to whoever gives them the best offer, whether that includes Noble or not. They won't be taking it to the draft therefore its a commodity to sell.

Talk is of Collingwood's future 1st + Noble for 12 (and maybe something else back). If so you can forget about Richmond getting 6 + 12.
Doesn't sound like a good deal. So if Pies finish top 8 next year the deal is at best pick 11 + Noble for Pick 12.

There's also a balance. Rioli would 100% come back and play with us if they don't offer us a strong deal. If we reject a strong deal in order to get an exceptional deal, do you reckon he's still at ease with coming back or do you reckon he comes back pissed off?
He might be pissed off but in the end he is the one who wants to get out of a contract he signed !!

Reactions: 2 users
Doesn't sound like a good deal. So if Pies finish top 8 next year the deal is at best pick 11 + Noble for Pick 12.

I think Noble's contract might be quite significant over the last 2 years (25/26) and Gold Coast want to spread it out over 4.

If so Collingwood may also want to have it off the books plus may need a first round this year if they make a play for Houston.

Adelaide future 1st for Lukosius and Pick 20 is my thinking. There could be some later pick swaps but I reckon thats the basics of the deal.
The Crows would be crazy to include their F1 in any swap for Lukosius.
Recent history suggests that is close to a top 5 pick, certainly top 10. Could be top 3.
For a player the Suns essentially want gone.

Dont forget we have cap space.
So the rioli deal involves his salary.
GC with cap problems.

Agree with Poshy that GC trades.for.best deal.
So 6 & 12 for Rioli with his 100% salary in first year.
Make it hyper attractive.

Reactions: 1 user
Dont forget we have cap space.
So the rioli deal involves his salary.
GC with cap problems.

Agree with Poshy that GC trades.for.best deal.
So 6 & 12 for Rioli with his 100% salary in first year.
Make it hyper attractive.

Do we know how much of a players salary we are allowed to pay? I'd hazard a guess there would be something in the AFL rules that caps how much you can pay. I ghihgly doubt we'd be able to pay 100% of a salary, thats 1 of the reasons they are bringing in Salary cap trading.

The Crows would be crazy to include their F1 in any swap for Lukosius.
Recent history suggests that is close to a top 5 pick, certainly top 10. Could be top 3.
For a player the Suns essentially want gone.

I reckon the Crows would back themselves in to be better next year, especially if they can add Lukosius and Cumming. Add them and Draper and it changes their dynamic quite a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
There's also a balance. Rioli would 100% come back and play with us if they don't offer us a strong deal. If we reject a strong deal in order to get an exceptional deal, do you reckon he's still at ease with coming back or do you reckon he comes back pissed off?
It will get done 100% as Campbell has already been here in Victoria and dimma won't take ,they asked too much for a missing premiership piece.

This year's draft pool is considered superior to next year's apparently that is why club's who don't have a 1st round pick will be and are desperate to trade in.
There will be some deals that on the face of it don't make sense but there will be a reason for it.
Everyone will be paying overs to trade into this year's draft rather than the reverse IMO.

Rioli is the only one that i could say put in 100% effort in every game and imho believe if it dont work out hed still give it 100%
Suns want him, they courted him, made promises to him
They want him then they can pay up 6 & 12

Reactions: 1 users
This year's draft pool is considered superior to next year's apparently that is why club's who don't have a 1st round pick will be and are desperate to trade in.
There will be some deals that on the face of it don't make sense but there will be a reason for it.
Everyone will be paying overs to trade into this year's draft rather than the reverse IMO.

Exactly. Considering that Collingwood were premiers last year you would have to think that the certainty of pick 12 in this years strong draft would also be more desirable than a unknown future first pick if Collingwood are to on trade it in other trades.

Just because I can n I'm also somewhat bored. I thought I might throw in the obligatory dumb question for anyone to ruminate upon.
Sausage Rioli for Lucozade n around pick 20 from Mould Coast???? Fair deal? Does it resolve each clubs contractural salary obligations? Is Lucozade much good, not a type we could use, or a bit to flakey?

If the Suns can't get the Rioli deal done after having committed to him so strongly they're going to look really bad. The stuff around Noble is just noise mostly from Collingwood. They want to get the Rioli deal done, and because he's still under contract we hold the stronger hand.