2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We all know that Pick 12 as a pick doesn't mean anything to the Suns as they will be trading it, so its about how they can make it work.

I could see Pick 12 used to get Noble (they need to trade it anyway), if they got back a F2 and Pick 48 it would be worth it I reckon. Values Noble at about Pick 41 on the points scale, Pies fans will think thats a bit unders, but they get Pick 12.

If they then want to go Houston, they probably would try this (not sure I would if I were them with where they finished this year), but Pick 12 and F1 for Houston and Ports F2. They can do this (even after trading their own F2, as they are bringing in another, hence they can then trade their F1 for Houston.

It would be Collingwood going all in, and them thinking that they would have made finals this year had they not had so many injuries.
Pick 12 will be used along with 6 for Rioli.
If not Rioli stays a Tiger.
Suns choice.Noble or Rioli.

Reactions: 1 users
Cody Anderson is a really good kid, tough as nails and runs a quick 20m for his heavy frame. He could play senior AFL pretty quickly and as a result, have people in raptures early doors.

However, Cody's kicking is really poor and the love would wear off very quickly if he weren't to improve this part of his game.
JGTI mark2?

Agreed, but does it make it more difficult for us to trade higher up the draft or make it more difficult to trade. For example most of us, myself included, believe we should get picks 9 & 13 for Rioli. Does the fact clubs would be desperate to get their hands on those picks make it less likely GC would trade them both for Rioli.
It a bit of swings and roundabouts I reckon. It doesn’t mean we won’t get the deal we want but does make it a lot more work to do so.
Suns are desperate for Rioli.He is contracted.Our terms or he stays.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't see how we get both, unless we are giving them a lot back to offset some of those points. It may come down to how much of his salary we are paying, but 6 and 12 is a lot to pay. If they are what people are going in with the expectation to receive then get ready to be disappointed.
But you think they'll give 12 for Noble as they don't need 12.Like i said 6 & 12 will be our asking price full stop.Give them a future pick i don't care and pay some of Dans wage.

Got a feeling Ough could be the bolter in the top 10 and Smillie the big slider with former increasingly looking like the player many initially thought the latter was.
Great pick up this guy is 194cm mid with a frame to fill out. Gets plenty of the ball as an inside mid, great hands.

Reactions: 2 users
There will not be any disappointment from our side. We get 6 and 12 or we keep Rioli.

The Suns are chasing Rioli to break a long term contract as Hardwick wants him to give the drive from half back. Agree there maybe more in way of late pick swaps but we we stay firm on the 6 and 12
💯

Reactions: 1 user
Noble for 12 would be a gross overpayment. Something will have to go back with Noble from Collingwood.

It's a bluff to get us to do the Rioli deal quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
Can think of bigger nightmares.Imagine being a Saints supporter.
Scared Horror GIF

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Noble for 12 would be a gross overpayment. Something will have to go back with Noble from Collingwood.

It's a bluff to get us to do the Rioli deal quickly.

Would expect the Riloi trade to be first one done on first morning of the trade period if Suns agree to giving up 6 and 12

I would do Rioli for 6 + Gold Coast 2025 1st round.

That would work if we could rely on the Suns being out of the top 8 next year again. Suns usually want more future picks not less thou.

Also depends on what other plans, if any, we have to gain more top 10 picks