2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

called Cooper Hynes name awhile back and he placed 2nd in the Morrish.

surprisingly not many on here have mentioned him?

My post below on Tuesday artball, I like him.

Maybe more for the Bendigo watchers, but how has James Barrat been named the best Full Back in the "Coates Team of the Year " ...yet is mostly a Forward on everything I see of him.

Was there no star Full Backs this year at all...or is he a future great (undersize) swingman ?

Huge effort to get that nod.

Also still a big fan of Cooper Hynes (reminds me a lot of a young Ben Cunnington)

1726728648019.png1726728648019.png

Reactions: 1 user
Fatten Ray and Chris Judd are also getting a run.
I know which one we’ll, pick…
Frustrated Oh No GIF by The Swoon

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Relax. We'll pick FOS anyway, who is rated somewhere between Matthew Dundas and Isaac Heeney so there's no way we can lose out there. Both have great hair.
True that, Bob.

There are two Tiger rules for drafting that time immemorial have proven to be true.

Great haircuts are a great predictor as is the name, Jack.

Getting a Jack with a great haircut would equate to the return of Cap'n Jack Titus!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Was speaking earlier today to a veteran current afl recruiter of many decades, I asked who would u take from jagga smith or fin o sullivan with pick 1,he stated ,jagga will be a very good afl footballer ,but Finn will be a absolute star.
Also said they were interested in Tom Lynch, Tim Taranto when they were looking but both wouldn't come to Geelong as both wanted a Melbourne team.

Reactions: 10 users
I know you are asking about who he plays like buy his narrow shoulders reminds me of Connor menadue. Does he have the frame to bulk up sufficiently to mix it with the big boys in the afl, that's my concern with Jagga. Some kids are skinny but have broad shoulders,Jagga doesn't, his shoulders are very narrow.

He has the best form of all the draftees but I worry about whether he has the frame to sufficiently fill out to play the role he excels at as a junior.
The Lizard from Sydney has a slim build with extraordinarily narrow shoulders but goes alright.

Reactions: 2 users
Was speaking earlier today to a veteran current afl recruiter of many decades, I asked who would u take from jagga smith or fin o sullivan with pick 1,he stated ,jagga will be a very good afl footballer ,but Finn will be a absolute star.
Also said they were interested in Tom Lynch, Tim Taranto when they were looking but both wouldn't come to Geelong as both wanted a Melbourne team.
PC ? Or CW ?

*Cough* Stephen *cough* Wells