2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I love this thread.

Someone will say what about “X”he goes alright, then someone will say he’s no good, a debate ensues and then someone else will say he’s okay but not as good as “Y” and then the whole cycle kicks off again. It’s brilliant.

You read all these comments and think that no matter who we get we should be happy and disappointed at the same time. Gotta love it

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
In the TAC/coates era only 17 of the 37 kids who have won it have gone on to play AFL.

I had it explained once it’s because a lot of the kids miss Coates games for APS & representative footy and so it’s often kids who aren’t APS or playing VIC metro/country who end up playing more Coates games. So its not always so much the best player who wins it but a solid player who got to play in more games and earned more votes.

Not sure if that’s the true reason or not.
Would be better to see an order based on votes per game - might be a more accurate rep of the talent?

Reactions: 1 users
Bungal. Please. I've watched heaps - including with his coaches and getting their input from them afterwards. Unless of course you know more than his coaches do Bungal !
If you say so Robert,but if this your perception of bad ,what is your perception of elite . :ROFLMAO:
The good ole highlight footage

If you say so Robert,but if this your perception of bad ,what is your perception of elite . :ROFLMAO:
The good ole highlight footage

Bungal. Please. Watch full games. I could show you a highlights reel of Nobets and you'd say "That fat old bloke could play for East Cranbourne over 80's."

Ok. That's an exaggeration, he's not that good, but you know what I mean.

Did his old man shag ya Mrs Bungle Beetle?

Love Mick, but want us to draft him just for the melts over the next decade now. :LOL:
Yeah. I reckon we should take Jagpipes just to see Bungal choke on one of his Ballarat Kennebec potatoes up there.

BALLARAT COURIER

"Man rushed to hospital after choking on potato. Blames Jagga Smith and Richmond."

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah. I reckon we should take Jagpipes just to see Bungal choke on one of his Ballarat Kennebec potatoes up there.

BALLARAT COURIER

"Man rushed to hospital after choking on potato. Blames Jagga Smith and Richmond."

You forgot the photo of Bungle and his mates in said Courier.

1726723603619.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Bungal. Please. Watch full games. I could show you a highlights reel of Nobets and you'd say "That fat old bloke could play for East Cranbourne over 80's."

Ok. That's an exaggeration, he's not that good, but you know what I mean.
I have watched full games Robert ,but the example shows his kicking is NOT BAD.
Did his old man shag ya Mrs Bungle Beetle?

Love Mick, but want us to draft him just for the melts over the next decade now. :LOL:
No you don't :eek::LOL:

Who is Jagga a good comparison to a current player?
I know you are asking about who he plays like buy his narrow shoulders reminds me of Connor menadue. Does he have the frame to bulk up sufficiently to mix it with the big boys in the afl, that's my concern with Jagga. Some kids are skinny but have broad shoulders,Jagga doesn't, his shoulders are very narrow.

He has the best form of all the draftees but I worry about whether he has the frame to sufficiently fill out to play the role he excels at as a junior.

Reactions: 2 users

BALLARAT COURIER

And the story is going to be repeated after each of Jagga's Norm Smiths.