2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Looks like Ashcroft is the clear number 1 and we must bid unless Brisbane give us their first pick. Beyond that it seems there is no clear top 5. In that case it'll be better to keep picks 6 9 10 15 than trading up.

Just our luck when we have pick 1 the best player is a FS

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Pretty amazing the divergence between Jasper the friendly ghost at ESPN and 2HB Twomey at AFL.com

Langford 9 v 2.
Reid 16 v 5.
Lindsay 7 v 18.
Allan 17 v 12.

And so on and so on.....

Sums up this draft perfectly. Completely unsettled opinion right across the board.

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty amazing the divergence between Jasper the friendly ghost at ESPN and 2HB Twomey at AFL.com

Langford 9 v 2.
Reid 16 v 5.
Lindsay 7 v 18.
Allan 17 v 12.

And so on and so on.....

Sums up this draft perfectly. Completely unsettled opinion right across the board.
It's interesting that Twomey has Bo Allan in his top 30, but couldn't fit in Hamish Davis who kicked a bag of 4 goals in a WAFL league finals game.

Reactions: 1 users
I would think the only reason he has Langford so high is he has mail we are into him.

Don't think that at all TBH.

Remember, this isn't a phantom draft predicting where players will go. Just his personal rankings. Fully expect Langford will slide once we get to that stage.

As he says below:

Remember, this is a ranking of the best prospects and does not take into account where bids on father-son or Academy players will come or where the players will necessarily get selected.

Reactions: 2 users
It's interesting that Twomey has Bo Allan in his top 30, but couldn't fit in Hamish Davis who kicked a bag of 4 goals in a WAFL league finals game.
Yeah, not sure about Davis Toigs. He's got great running capacity but he's a really really ordinary dispatcher of the football. Very rough around the edges.

Rookie spot at best I feel.

Yeah, not sure about Davis Toigs. He's got great running capacity but he's a really really ordinary dispatcher of the football. Very rough around the edges.

Rookie spot at best I feel.

Agree with that Bifocalsford. Don't see the wraps on him either TBH.

Every time I see footage of him it includes this move where he looks to be going one way and goes the other and suddenly he has space, it's like everyone is running away from him. That's like gold around stoppage.
There are very few players who have that
Yeh, his awareness & agility is off the scale. That is not something you can really teach.

As you say, every clip shows a guy who reads it well, wins it at the coalface and can make people miss.

Then you see him do the stuff in that clip and it shows a guy who can attack and deliver.

I am yet to see much conclusive evidence of a guy that either isn't damaging or will be too small for AFL midfield.

I will be shocked if he goes anywhere beyond Pick 3.

Please get pick 3 tigers, that ensures we get Jagga & one of FOS/Lalor.

Reactions: 2 users

Hamish Davis's ryan garthwaite kicking action could push him into the rookie draft.

It doesnt bother me. Ugly goals carry he same points as pretty goals

But black cows get more at auction than brown cows even though steak doesnt have a hide

And the AFL draft is a stockmarket, subject the same irrationalities as all the rest

Illustrated by the Jagga/Fos and lalor/langford debates.

If were having them, you can bet theyre being had in real life.

There were buy orders on Chaotic Midgets in 2018.

This year, Heeney will win the norm smith and youlle pay a premium on every kid with white hair and smile

Stockmarkets are only human

Last edited:
Another perspective

This feels closer for me than Tombstone but still not right. The AFL comparisons are pretty good.

But the Murphy Reid comparison is horrendous and about 10 spots too low.

Just get fos pick 1 the rest wont matter the kids going to be a weapon. In a fulltime footy environment will go past jagga at a rate of knotts who has had the whole year to live and eat footy only.
Agree completely, he has weapons that are off the charts,endurance,marking,kicking are elite,then has excellent speed,agility.

And let's not forget his conditioning and fitness are way below what he's going to be at in 2025-26,imagine then.

Reactions: 1 user