2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Thanks. Doubt they would downgrade pick 3 to pick 10 (13ish after bids & compos). They would want pick 6 (7) if we were to receive that for Rioli. Do we trade pick 6 (7) and Baker for 3?
No way we do that deal effectively values baker at pick 32 which is rubbish

Reactions: 1 user
It's actually pick 7 for pick 4 = 390 points = pick 42. But still it's 2 of Jagga, FOS, Draper. Depends on how we rate these 3 compared to who may be available at 7.
Yes so it’s actually even worse for us. Given how unreliable drafting is the player taken at 7 may be better than the player at 4. Nat Fyfe was taken at pick 20 after all

Yes so it’s actually even worse for us. Given how unreliable drafting is the player taken at 7 may be better than the player at 4. Nat Fyfe was taken at pick 20 after all
Happens every year and the draft is not an exact science however the more earlier picks you have gives the the increased likelihood of a better player.

Happens every year and the draft is not an exact science however the more earlier picks you have gives the the increased likelihood of a better player.
True but it’s also true the more picks you have in the first round the greater chance of nailing one, our list is so diabolical the more first round picks the better

Maybe more for the Bendigo watchers, but how has James Barrat been named the best Full Back in the "Coates Team of the Year " ...yet is mostly a Forward on everything I see of him.

Was there no star Full Backs this year at all...or is he a future great (undersize) swingman ?

Huge effort to get that nod.

Also still a big fan of Cooper Hynes (reminds me a lot of a young Ben Cunnington)

And have a Tiger mate in WA who has huge wraps on Hamish Davis who plays for Claremont...reckons he will be an absolute beauty and hopes we are interested.

1726543096237.png

Last edited:
Interesting on Trade Radio that Riley Beverage said he was speaking to clubs over the weekend at under 18's and that they thought that with picks right through to pick 10/11 they could land what they think was the number 1 player. He said there were 8 or 9 players that could be pick 1 and in any other year might go pick 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It's actually pick 7 for pick 4 = 390 points = pick 42. But still it's 2 of Jagga, FOS, Draper. Depends on how we rate these 3 compared to who may be available at 7.

You'd consider it, but there would probably need to be something else included too. Maybe their 24 for our 29 (or even 39) so an upgrade there in the 20's.

Keeping to original pick numbers.

3 and 24 for Bakes, 6 and 29 values Bakes at 615 points (Pick 30ish).

If its 3 and 24 for 6, Bakes and 39 then it values him at 822 points (Pick 23).

You'd probably think about the last one. A quality upgrade on those 2 picks would be a move in the right direction.

I'd certainly prefer that 2nd deal than just Pick 23 outright personally.

Reactions: 1 users
You'd consider it, but there would probably need to be something else included too. Maybe their 24 for our 29 (or even 39) so an upgrade there in the 20's.

You'd probably think about the last one. A quality upgrade on those 2 picks would be a move in the right direction.

your examples just show the pointlessness of using points for anything other than bids.
would anyone swap out pick 3 and 24 for pick 6, 29 & 30? Nope.
or
3 & 24 for 6, 23 and 39? again no chance.

Reactions: 1 users
your examples just show the pointlessness of using points for anything other than bids.
would anyone swap out pick 3 and 24 for pick 6, 29 & 30? Nope.
or
3 & 24 for 6, 23 and 39? again no chance.

I think in this case its more a case of what both clubs want to do.

We have stated we want the best hand available to us.
West Coast have stated that they want to bring in experience and still hit the draft. The best way for West Coast to do that, is to maintain their number of picks, whilst also bringing in experience, some of that is free agency (Graham), some would be pick downgrades.

The points value is merely a measure of assessing some element of fairness in the trade, not as a firm guide. With the number of picks we have, another pick for Baker isn't a necessity (ie. lets say we are offered West Coasts 2nd by itself), but if we could upgrade a number of our picks with him, then it suits our purposes, whilst also matching what West Coasts desires are. For me thats as close to w win-win trade as you get.

Reactions: 2 users

IF WC say no to Bakes and 10 for 3 we should go and get Norf's pick 2 before we even answer the phone to Matt Clarke again.

Reactions: 8 users
IF WC say no to Bakes and 10 for 3 we should go and get Norf's pick 2 before we even answer the phone to Matt Clarke again.
Freo want Baker and Bolton. Thats why West Coast put pick 3 up as a possible inclusion.

Bolton and Baker to Freo for 9,10 & 17

or Baker & 21 for pick 3. From WC

Geeze you guys want to give players and points away, i hope our guys value both more than some on here do
Points are irrelevant. We want pick 2 and pick 3 so we can get the three best players. That's the aim of the game: drafting the best players, not 'winning' some arbitrary points battle.

or Baker & 21 for pick 3. From WC
I think that's extremely unlikely.

Reactions: 8 users
.......... meanwhile, Jagga just keeps getting BOG, playing fit.

its like the world best looking supermodel asks PRE out on a date,

and PRE looks around the room, going

'see that woman? lose a stone and a bit of lippy, and she could be better looking'

:cool:
What's that second woman's name?
Reckon I nearly dated her once

• Haha