2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Pre-season:

FOS
20m - 3.046
Vertical - 90cm
Agility - 8.117
Yo-yo - 1000

Smillie:
20m - 3.093
Vertical - 73cm
Agility - 8.501
Yo-yo - 720

Jagga
20m - 2.990
Vertical - 75cm
Agility - 8.796
Yo-yo - 840

Interesting agility results. All pretty close over 20.

Can't find Lalor's. He was injured pre-season so maybe he didn't test. @bengal tigers would know.
Another myth busted.
Jaeger Bomb not slow

Reactions: 4 users
Another myth busted.
Jaeger Bomb not slow
Who said he was?

Who would be the most likely trading partner with Norf if they attempted to split ?
Us or maybe St Kilda if they get Band 1 for Battle. Gold Coast would if they can't agree with us on a Rioli trade. No one else really has the picks. Essendon with 8 and 28 wouldn't get it done, they'd have to do 8 and future first.

Reactions: 2 users
Us or maybe St Kilda if they get Band 1 for Battle. Gold Coast would if they can't agree with us on a Rioli trade. No one else really has the picks. Essendon with 8 and 28 wouldn't get it done, they'd have to do 8 and future first.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. The only disrupter being future picks.

1, 2, 3. Hah hah hah. **** that'd be hilarious.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-season:

FOS
20m - 3.046
Vertical - 90cm
Agility - 8.117
Yo-yo - 1000

Smillie:
20m - 3.093
Vertical - 73cm
Agility - 8.501
Yo-yo - 720

Jagga
20m - 2.990
Vertical - 75cm
Agility - 8.796
Yo-yo - 840

Interesting agility results. All pretty close over 20.

Can't find Lalor's. He was injured pre-season so maybe he didn't test. @bengal tigers would know.

Would be interesting seeing Smillie again now, I assume he'll be testing being as I don't think he's injured.

The agility and 20m are ok, but the yo-yo is rubbish, and even that vertical leap is poor. No wonder he impacts less than you'd hope forward of centre if he can't jump. For a tall, apparently power midfielder, his leap should be a lot better than that.

Reactions: 1 users
How quickly you can dodge the crowd to get to the bar. Mr Burnside is a 23 minutes 45.
Gold medallist 7 years running at the C & C events at getting to the bar and back with 6 jugs , fair chance my medium to large jersey will be retired at this years event . I’m also told the way I manoeuvre through the crowded London makes Pendlebury look like a panic merchanted first gamer , I believe Bill is looking at putting my picture beside St Francis in the front bar of the London as a fitting tribute .

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Been thinking about this subject for many weeks now. Most - me included - are just looking at highlights of players for the large part. You really need to be at games to get the full picture of a player or at least watching full games on replay, and then multiples of full games at that.

Highlights are almost always gratifying.

There's a few players in particular that, if you were actually at the game, you might have a different perspective of. Josh Smillie comes to mind.

Just on that.

For those wanting to immerse themselves more, full replays of all Coates games are on the Coates App.

Most don't have commentary so can be pretty dry. Better than nothing none the less.

Reactions: 1 user
Just on that.

For those wanting to immerse themselves more, full replays of all Coates games are on the Coates App.

Most don't have commentary so can be pretty dry. Better than nothing none the less.
Was thinking we should pick some games on the app and put together some separate viewing points on specific skills or topics.

I.e this game watch player X relating about skill set X, Y and Z.

Reactions: 1 user
Gold medallist 7 years running at the C & C events at getting to the bar and back with 6 jugs , fair chance my medium to large jersey will be retired at this years event . I’m also told the way I manoeuvre through the crowded London makes Pendlebury look like a panic merchanted first gamer , I believe Bill is looking at putting my picture beside St Francis in the front bar of the London as a fitting tribute .
Pushing Caesar aside is not worth bragging about mate

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just on that.

They're on the AFL website too. Go to fixtures and choose Coates league from drop down menu.

Reactions: 3 users
Would be interesting seeing Smillie again now, I assume he'll be testing being as I don't think he's injured.

The agility and 20m are ok, but the yo-yo is rubbish, and even that vertical leap is poor. No wonder he impacts less than you'd hope forward of centre if he can't jump. For a tall, apparently power midfielder, his leap should be a lot better than that.
Same yo yo as Langford from memory

Every year the AFL publicity machine pump the tires of these kids as if they're messiahs for failing clubs.
This 350 page thread is a testament to how well it works. Kudos to them. Hope sells.
Hope springs from the depths

Reactions: 1 users