2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

That video was done 6 months ago.

As for "considerably" not sure I've seen that being touted. Just that he'd grown a tad. Think I said at PRO at the time he looked about 1cm taller. Then FOS said he'd grown 1cm didn't he ? Last week ?

All seems fair enough to me and therefore no "myth" (as such) to be worried about I wouldn't have thought.
Grown 1cm?
What an amazing observation. Thanks for reporting.
Were you using Caesar’s binoculars?

Tonight's a poignant with our draft coming up.

That you need to add talent in many different means.

What would you give for Tyson Stengle's output last 3 years?

You'd give pick 9 without blinking.

Geelong got him being a great club, evironment, culture etc.

Food for thought.

Reactions: 5 users
Levi Ashcroft is eleven months younger than Jagga Smith. Is there more improvement in one than the other? What about growth?

This drafting caper seems to be about predicting growth. Physical and mental.

Leonardo Lombard got what 28 touches in R1 of the VFL this year. He is nine months younger than Smith. Who, six months later got 27 at the same level.

Levi Ashcroft is not a manchild; he's just a child. Is he #1 in this draft? Probably. Would you take a player at #2 who was likely to be lesser than Ashcroft in the same role? Weighing it up. Or would you look for outside mids? Bearing in mind that Langford, Lalor or Reid may be more of that persuasion at AFL level. And maybe Draper if so coached. Perhaps even Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Re: FOS Height

He was on SEN and mentioned he is now 184cm and you would think if thats correct he should get to around 185/186 which is perfect for a mid.

Sam Lalor - Midfielder Height: 187 cm; Weight: 88 kg
This kid is going to be a beast of a mid/fwd

Reactions: 5 users
Re: FOS Height

He was on SEN and mentioned he is now 184cm and you would think if thats correct he should get to around 185/186 which is perfect for a mid.

Sam Lalor - Midfielder Height: 187 cm; Weight: 88 kg
This kid is going to be a beast of a mid/fwd
Dusty 187cm and 86kg his draft year……
Just a reminder of the great man…
Lalor has “some” traits….

Reactions: 1 user
Tonight's a poignant with our draft coming up.

That you need to add talent in many different means.

What would you give for Tyson Stengle's output last 3 years?

You'd give pick 9 without blinking.

Geelong got him being a great club, evironment, culture etc.

Food for thought.
Yep a perfect example of why the AFL draft is so overrated.

Dangerfield originally pick 10 about their highest draft pick if you don't include Cameron's pre-selection from GWS.

High draft picks are not a guaranteed shortcut to anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep a perfect example of why the AFL draft is so overrated.

Dangerfield originally pick 10 about their highest draft pick if you don't include Cameron's pre-selection from GWS.

High draft picks are not a guaranteed shortcut to anything.
Draft is merely the starting point. It's what happens to the kids as they start growing into men that counts most.

That Wombat Stengle as Leysy mentioned is a classic case. We had him as a kid, but maybe he wasn't real big on living in Melb and wanted to go live with some rello's in Adelaide. Messed up a few times n got sacked, played some local footy n the Moggies found him on footy's scrap heap n give him another chance. All grown up now, still messes up a little bit, but damn he can play footy.

Reactions: 1 user