2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I see 2025 prospect Cooper Duff-Tytler was named in Cannons best AGAIN, any of you Junior watchers got a bead on him for 2025?

ANOTHER ‘UNICORN’ ON THE WAY

He’s known at the Calder Cannons as ‘The Unicorn’ and Cooper Duff-Tytler is quickly emerging as one of the top draft prospects for 2025.

The ruckman – who celebrated his 17th birthday on Thursday – was named the Cannons’ second-best player last weekend after gathering 30 disposals, 10 marks, 17 hit-outs and kicking two goals in a loss to the Dandenong Stingrays.

It was just his third match at under-18 level in the Coates Talent League.

The outing came a week after Duff-Tytler had also caught the eye in an under-17 trial match for Vic Metro, gathering 13 disposals, five marks, five hit-outs, five clearances and kicking two goals in that match against Queensland.

A dual-sport athlete, Duff-Tytler last year represented Australia at the FIBA under-16 Asian Championship in Qatar.

He already tops 200cm and is still growing.

Duff-Tytler has been likened to Fremantle ruckman Luke Jackson, who similarly had a strong basketball background and can take hit-outs before turning into a 199cm midfielder.

The No. 3 draft pick in 2019, Jackson has also been referred to as a ‘Unicorn’.

“We can see him (Duff-Tytler) as a very early prospect for next year if he commits to footy,” Calder Cannons talent manager Sebastian Spagnuolo told this column.

“He moves like no 200cm player can move, he gets involved in handball chains, he’s like an old-fashioned follower that takes the hitout and then he’s another midfielder.”

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I see 2025 prospect Cooper Duff-Tytler was named in Cannons best AGAIN, any of you Junior watchers got a bead on him for 2025?

He’s known at the Calder Cannons as ‘The Unicorn’ and Cooper Duff-Tytler is quickly emerging as one of the top draft prospects for 2025.

<sniop>

“He moves like no 200cm player can move, he gets involved in handball chains, he’s like an old-fashioned follower that takes the hitout and then he’s another midfielder.”
No need.

We've got Sampson locked up for three years.

We're good!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wrong thread O Bulbous one. We were discussing gun players that had major injury issues threatening their careers who went on to have long and successful careers. Not cats with heart issues, not sure we have a veterinary thread on here.
TBH I was hoping to provoke the grumpy old man rant response but I suppose I should’ve been more careful with my spelling.

Ranges are cooked. They’ve got nothing up forward.

Beat the Knights easy in 2 games this year but haven’t turned up today.

The ruckman – who celebrated his 17th birthday on Thursday – was named the Cannons’ second-best player last weekend after gathering 30 disposals, 10 marks, 17 hit-outs and kicking two goals in a loss to the Dandenong Stingrays.

It was just his third match at under-18 level in the Coates Talent League.

The outing came a week after Duff-Tytler had also caught the eye in an under-17 trial match for Vic Metro, gathering 13 disposals, five marks, five hit-outs, five clearances and kicking two goals in that match against Queensland.

A dual-sport athlete, Duff-Tytler last year represented Australia at the FIBA under-16 Asian Championship in Qatar.

He already tops 200cm and is still growing.

Duff-Tytler has been likened to Fremantle ruckman Luke Jackson, who similarly had a strong basketball background and can take hit-outs before turning into a 199cm midfielder.

The No. 3 draft pick in 2019, Jackson has also been referred to as a ‘Unicorn’.

“We can see him (Duff-Tytler) as a very early prospect for next year if he commits to footy,” Calder Cannons talent manager Sebastian Spagnuolo told this column.

Definitely some strong early prospects for next year, hopefully we can get another couple of first round picks in 2025 to take advantage of that

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yep. Even when they were even stevens in the first quarter, Sandy always looked the class.

Oliver having a good game. Norf surely have to split…..

When I broke my arm in 3 places as a young bloke , the old man just put me to bed saying a good sleep would fix it , same bloke who tried to “pull” my sisters wrist back into place when she fell of her horse ,the wrist was broken 😂 same bloke cut of his fingers lifting mower up …. I come from a long line of smart medial folk .
I'm glad your old man is no longer in charge of our S&C.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Northern Knights dominated the stats sheet. Datolli 35 and a goal

Smillie one of the only ones that showed up for Eastern.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831-200728_Talent League.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831-200728_Talent League.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 3 users
Didn't watch but looks like Reid had a big game. Armstrong 4 goals looks good too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831-211159_Talent League.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831-211159_Talent League.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20240831-211221_Talent League.jpg
    Screenshot_20240831-211221_Talent League.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 4 users