2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If you dislocate your finger, don't call Dr Nobets. You'll end up telling him what to do and even then, he'll look away trying not to throw up. Useless.
When I broke my arm in 3 places as a young bloke , the old man just put me to bed saying a good sleep would fix it , same bloke who tried to “pull” my sisters wrist back into place when she fell of her horse ,the wrist was broken 😂 same bloke cut of his fingers lifting mower up …. I come from a long line of smart medial folk .

In fairness International cricketers like Doc Nobets are not really accustomed to “ pain”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Mate I’m worried about you , you must be down to an hour a nights sleep , I imagine the shed is looking like that physic geniuses with whiteboards everywhere with “ theories” mathematical composures , weather reports , faxes with data and stats , 12 80 inch plasmas showing every Coates game played on repeat , illegally obtained medical reports on 6 generations of each potential draftee , a laptop purely for emails to the Big Toce , daily zoom calls with Frank and Richard , who the *smile* feeding the Angus beef Ezyyyy ? 😉

hahahaha, yeah.

ive gone the full Brad Pitt 12 Monkeys.

ive gone through five 500m rolls of barbed wire and 32 bundles of star pickets interconnecting our 12 possible draftees on a huge river flat matrix you can see from space.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I find the pro Jagga posts interesting. I understand the Jagga vs FOS debate - its really a production vs potential debate that is held every draft of kids into professional sports.

To me it just seems there is another player that has both production and potential (and speed to burn) - that rarely gets mentioned as a pick 1 option. Sid Draper. Why not Sid? Is it purely the go home factor?
We simply can’t risk using our top picks on a kid that might leave in 3 years. The interview process and their response to moving (and staying) is crucial.

Reactions: 1 user
When I broke my arm in 3 places as a young bloke , the old man just put me to bed saying a good sleep would fix it , same bloke who tried to “pull” my sisters wrist back into place when she fell of her horse ,the wrist was broken 😂 same bloke cut of his fingers lifting mower up …. I come from a long line of smart medial folk .

In fairness International cricketers like Doc Nobets are not really accustomed to “ pain”

On a more serious note, FOS had surgery on one of his fingers which, combined with the length of time out and the brace he's been using, tells me he maybe had ligament damage and/or needed what's called a volar plate reconstruction. They take a bit of time to get over.

They put a wire through the finger for a few weeks, then pull it out with a pair of pliers, and the re hab begins. Sometimes they leave some clips or wire in there to keep it stable. Very delicate surgery due to all the nerve endings etc. You have to be a qualified microsurgeon to perform those sorts of operations.

Will take about 9 months to get over properly ie range of motion etc. And even then, the slightest knock on it will still cause the finger to blow up like a balloon for another 6 months.

It would certainly still be affecting him, if that's the sort of surgery he's had.

Reactions: 8 users
On a more serious note, FOS had surgery on one of his fingers which, combined with the length of time out and the brace he's been using, tells me he maybe had ligament damage and/or needed what's called a volar plate reconstruction. They take a bit of time to get over.

They put a wire through the finger for a few weeks, then pull it out with a pair of pliers, and the re hab begins. Sometimes they leave some clips or wire in there to keep it stable. Very delicate surgery due to all the nerve endings etc. You have to be a qualified microsurgeon to perform those sorts of operations.

Will take about 9 months to get over properly ie range of motion etc. And even then, the slightest knock on it will still cause the finger to blow up like a balloon for another 6 months.

It would certainly still be affecting him, if that's the sort of surgery he's had.
If everything is going your way it’s the type of injury/player that could cause him to slide when you’ve got a pick other than number 1 . Going to be a bloody tough call , fair chance it’s very close to made

If everything is going your way it’s the type of injury/player that could cause him to slide when you’ve got a pick other than number 1 . Going to be a bloody tough call , fair chance it’s very close to made
That type of injury won't cause him to slide, (he'll get over it), but it'll certainly be a pain in the arse for him to deal with at the moment.

Lindsay on one wing and Travagalia on the other would speed us up.

the way we are taking an Ark-full to trade week,

quite possible we could get both after we grab JoeBerry at 9.

Jagga, Lalor, JoeBerry, Bo Allen, Lindsay, Travaglia, Sims, Whitlock/Faull

and quite suddenly, we are very quick through the middle

we do have to use speed as the secondary separator after footy ability IMO
I heard Lindsay did a PCL the other day…..
Still would take him with our future elite injury management team….

Was talking to a contact about Jonty Faull.
Has grown into his frame probs 197cm and filled out from his rowing weight after early season injury with lumbar spine “hotspots”.
Been having coffee with Jezza Cameron too about forward craft and positioning….
Made contact when he with them earlier in the year… and had a catch up.
Hopefully he bags a few down in Kingston, TasMappia.

Mad CarlScum supporter so we would need to knock that out of him….

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 10 users

I had similar. Fingers were the Ruckman's curse.
He'll rehab better and hopefully get full range of motion, unlike me

Lindsay on one wing and Travagalia on the other would speed us up.

the way we are taking an Ark-full to trade week,

quite possible we could get both after we grab JoeBerry at 9.

Jagga, Lalor, JoeBerry, Bo Allen, Lindsay, Travaglia, Sims, Whitlock/Faull

and quite suddenly, we are very quick through the middle

we do have to use speed as the secondary separator after footy ability IMO
ATM we have Hugo on one wing, Banks on the other. Speed and defensive running isnt an issue.
Obvs both can be upgraded but its not going to result in speed.

Where we need the speed boost is central - TT Hopper Dion Graham Bolton (going back) Dow.

But can Lindsey roll inside like Mcluggage?
I'm keen on him. Plus Hotton and Dattoli.
This will help

Draft night(s) are going to be better than Christmas this year. What an exciting time. I love the hope that comes with draft hauls, but this year is gonna be extra awesome.

Watched some highlights of Datolli this week. Lots to like and this kid is likely to be there in the 20’s. Unbelievable draft depth this year.

Reactions: 6 users
Not a young draftee but Essendon jumped off selecting Marlion Pickett because he broke his finger for the second time just before the mid-season draft, in steps Richmond:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Strong and Bold.

Do we still live by these words?

We're going to find out this trade/draft period.

Had lunch with someone the other day who has a connection to the Lalor family.
Can’t get him to think about life other than footy. It’s just footy, footy, footy.
Doesn’t matter where he goes, just wants to be a career AFL player.
Sounds very driven.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Had lunch with someone the other day who has a connection to the Lalor family.
Can’t get him to think about life other than footy. It’s just footy, footy, footy.
Doesn’t matter where he goes, just wants to be a career AFL player.
Sounds very driven.
Brilliant. Let’s hope he’s driven straight to Punt Road on draft night

Reactions: 3 users