2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

FOS is in classic footy parlance, a Rolls Royce. Is going to make many many players look stupid in the next 10 years.

Reactions: 4 users
Saw a couple of good bottom agers play for the Ranges yesterday. Grieves looks a very likely type. Very similar size and profile to Smillie. One to watch for 2025 I think.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not normally a 'mailman' guy, but heard from a 'credible source' that anyone who wants to leave has been told they can. Bolton, Rioli gone (Rioli for a mega money deal) and both for 2 x 1st round picks. 2nd round picks traded back on the Rioli deal. Fridge and Baker gone. Targeting minimum 8 x first rounders across next two drafts. Nothing especially new, but is now the accepted strategy at the club pre Tas intro.

• Wow
Reactions: 17 users
I am not normally a 'mailman' guy, but heard from a 'credible source' that anyone who wants to leave has been told they can. Bolton, Rioli gone (Rioli for a mega money deal) and both for 2 x 1st round picks. 2nd round picks traded back on the Rioli deal. Fridge and Baker gone. Targeting minimum 8 x first rounders across next two drafts. Nothing especially new, but is now the accepted strategy at the club pre Tas intro.
Sssshhhhh. Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting dwaftees, it's dwafting season. Heh heh heh heh heh.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’ve heard some more mail, rumours I guess. Third hand information but there are a lot of unhappy people at Richmond. Yze not very popular.

Source is someone involved at another Melbourne club. Not gospel but that is what has been communicated to me.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I’ve heard some more mail, rumours I guess. Third hand information but there are a lot of unhappy people at Richmond. Yze not very popular.

Source is someone involved at another Melbourne club. Not gospel but that is what has been communicated to me.
I don't like spreading this type of rumours as it's damaging to our club,
The multiple flag players leaving have come from down to 3 flags and now at mid 20s don't Want to do it again,all prefer bigger money in a contender and at a minimum, to be at home.
That's it.

Reactions: 5 users
A lot of people don’t deal well with change. Circumstances for players can be different. Wouldn’t be surprised if some of the fitness staff have begun feeling the heat.

Looking at it from the outside, it looks like a happy group, particularly the young players. Post-game interview with Short was revealing. They are positive, didn’t feel like a wooden spoon season. There’s plenty of evidence to suggest Yze is popular with the players. Broad always speaking highly of him.

Reactions: 15 users
Mega money deal when both sides have a tight salary cap sure champ. And anyone who wants to leave can go i smell bull sh%$ on that or we would have let broad go when norf offered him 3 years only a few weeks ago. Instead of trying to talk him around into staying. Not to mention upping our offer to gragam when hes an unrestricted free agent and we can't match offers so we clearly want to keep players that were or are looking to leave

Reactions: 1 user
I think we currently have pick 29 from Freo.

Carlton losing now, presents the opportunity for that pick to slide to 31 .....plus any further spots if Freo win and make any progression in the finals.

We now need Port to win. Very important. The Carlton loss was not good for us in terms of the draft.

(n)

No mail or inside info, so this is just my assessment.
Melbourne pick 5 select Lalor.
Seen as their Trac replacement.

Carlton losing now, presents the opportunity for that pick to slide to 31 .....plus any further spots if Freo win and make any progression in the finals.

We now need Port to win. Very important. The Carlton loss was not good for us in terms of the draft.

(n)
But saints went above Gold Coast, that’s good? Get higher pick from them for Dan

Reactions: 1 users
Freo's 2nd round pick will surely be used for points. The GC pick upgrade trumps that.

But now we need Freo's first rounders to be top 10. Go Port.

Next week though it will be hard barracking for Carlton so that the Lions pick they need to trade to us for Ashcroft is no later than 12.

Reactions: 1 user

(n)
You’ve got to balance the Saints result against the potential of kicking Carlton out of the finals.
It’s conflicting

Reactions: 3 users
Freo's 2nd round pick will surely be used for points. The GC pick upgrade trumps that.

But now we need Freo's first rounders to be top 10. Go Port.

Next week though it will be hard barracking for Carlton so that the Lions pick they need to trade to us for Ashcroft is no later than 12.
At least the Collingwood tied one won't move. How much weight to put on Carlton missing finals? 6 draft positions for me haha