2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Think North may well look to split pick 2.

Richmond are a big chance to make a play for it either through a multi club trade with Bolton or Rioli or with our own picks after player trades.
It sounds good when you look at just picks on paper but is Smith for example better than Lalor and Berry? That’s what you could be giving up or maybe the best forward, never as easy as it looks, especially in this draft

Reactions: 1 user
Watched Northern v Eastern at Preston City Oval today.

Josh Smillie had a very good game. Elite vision to find team mates by hand and a booming kick. Got plenty of it.

Dattoli had a great game for Knights. Classy player and was instrumental getting them back into the game in 3rd quarter. Plays with a lot of energy and has class. A couple of beautiful set shot goals. Anthony Rocco inexplicably played him at full forward in last quarter and game got away from them again.

Would be happy to see either in Tiger colours with first round picks but not at very top of the first round.

Reactions: 8 users
Picks 5 (Gold Coast for Rioli) and 10 (Freo for Bolton) for 2. Or West Coasts pick for Barrass (Baker/Graham).
Won’t be be pick 5 anymore more like 7 possibly 6 if saints win then pushed back 2 spots with fs and academy picks

It's interesting to see the difference between North and the Hawks ,one side has quite a few well build hard at it player's ,(Hawks) The other not so well build and not as hard at it (North)

Reactions: 1 user
Louis Emmett, Finn O’Sullivan, Jagga Smith, Waylon Davey, Patrick Retschko, Liam Callaghan Best Players for Oakleigh yesterday. Emmett is certainly a player to watch for next season.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah was good ,and Reggie Mast who is very similar to Townsend was good as well.
I see Lalor was listed as the best for the Rebels. Terrific to see him and Fos showing something before the end of the year. We know Smith is very good but the more options around can only be a good thing. I didn’t know much about Mast so thanks for that, do you think he will get drafted ?

I see Lalor was listed as the best for the Rebels. Terrific to see him and Fos showing something before the end of the year. We know Smith is very good but the more options around can only be a good thing. I didn’t know much about Mast so thanks for that, do you think he will get drafted ?
Mast does lack pace ,but is a powerful player who is really strong overhead ,,l guess he might be a chance in the later rounds of the draft .
Yeah it will be interesting to see how they go next match ,Lalor is building fitness,were as FOS should already be fit.

Seems to be finishing the year off really well. If young Kellaway makes the grade we might have Louis x 2 on our list for 2026 !!
Louis kellaway is next year,,Tanner Armstrong our NGA who is playing main coates and Jack Leys are 2026 Maybe Russell Clarke another NGA 2026,,,it is looking really strong for 2026 quite a few 15/16 year olds playing main coates .

Reactions: 3 users
Louis kellaway is next year,,Tanner Armstrong our NGA who is playing main coates and Jack Leys are 2026 Maybe Russell Clarke another NGA 2026,,,it is looking really strong for 2026 quite a few 15/16 year olds playing main coates .

What positions do those guys play Bengal?

What positions do those guys play Bengal?
Armstrong Mid flanker at the moment,,kicked 2 goals for Murray on the weekend was also AA in the u16's champs ,,Leys is a mid in the SANFL colts,,Clarke a forward/mid was playing senior football in the sunraysia league at 14