2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If we do this I hope they take a spread big bodies ball winner, speedy runner distributor, class outside class inside accumulator one who hits the scoreboard.
We basically don't have any small quick agile mids,bolton the only one.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Jai Culley from WCE worth a punt in any deals? Coming off a knee but shows huge potential as a tall midfielder with booming kick and great tackler

It's a choice from ,a player Smith who looks like a rare play 90% good games and would make u very consistent or
A game breaking classy mid/ forward like fos who has mega improvement.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree re spread and pace though.

Does that put a line through Langford completely? ILO it does.

And is Reid a question mark, as balanced and classy as he is?
It makes fos our number one pick and future Captain elite kick, speed and side step leadership great mark. He will be the player we call out at pick 1

Maybe in the Coates league but not in the VFL games he played.
Majority of his possessions are outside a contest or in space ,is that what we want from a no 1 pick ?
We want player's who are going to take us to the promised land ,Premierships ,,,Tough,physical ,good kicking skills ,strong over head ,attacking player's .
The difference between North and the Hawks are the Hawks got quite a few physical types,were as North got good skilled types without a lot of the hardness .

YBut in saying that after watching a couple of AFL matches,that doesn't matter,skills are becoming a thing of the past,it's all about being a athlete . :cool:
Understand there is a base athletic profile you need to be an AFL footballer but its a balance.

We often bemoan our skill level. Turnovers kill.

But definitely no good being a beautiful user if you can't get around the ground.

Jai Culley from WCE worth a punt in any deals? Coming off a knee but shows huge potential as a tall midfielder with booming kick and great tackler
Bit too slow I think. We don’t need more plodders.

Understand there is a base athletic profile you need to be an AFL footballer but its a balance.

We often bemoan our skill level. Turnovers kill.

But definitely no good being a beautiful user if you can't get around the ground.
Yeah,but there are quite a few player's these days who have excellent athletic attributes masquerading as footballer's
Sorry BT that is wrong.
Ok put it this way ,how effective is he when he gets the ball in a tough contested situation ,l see lot's of turnovers ,he gets pushed out the way easy.
The Majority of his possessions are outside a pack or in space ,he's not a no1

Langford if he slides, I reckon we still look at.

Reid for me is still a big yes, can get into a contest and out the other side with twinkle toes and will pick the best option. I've watched enough of him to know that he is football quick in the mind and medium in the body. That combo is enough for me to draft. And I reckon he is express over a short distance. Testing watch.

Agree with most of that but not that he is express over a short distance. He does have decent agility and is very instinctive with his ball use though which helps a lot.

Re testing. Reckon his yoyo and 2km numbers are more important. His ability to work and present all over the ground can make up for (ILO anyway) his lack of express pace.

He is a classy conveyence who wins the balls at will, and we must have interest considering the request to play in our VFL side.

Majority of his possessions are outside a contest or in space ,is that what we want from a no 1 pick ?
We want player's who are going to take us to the promised land ,Premierships ,,,Tough,physical ,good kicking skills ,strong over head ,attacking player's .
The difference between North and the Hawks are the Hawks got quite a few physical types,were as North got good skilled types without a lot of the hardness .
LDU, Wardlaw and Sheezel are not hard? Your view of Jagga is also to be taken with a grain of salt.

Sorry BT but he is not just an outside player.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok put it this way ,how effective is he when he gets the ball in a tough contested situation ,l see lot's of turnovers ,he gets pushed out the way easy.
The Majority of his possessions are outside a pack or in space ,he's not a no1

No they aren't.

How does he have 14 contested possessions and 7 clearances a game in the champs. The most of any player in both categories if he's winning it outside a pack or in space?

He has backed that up in his Coates and VFL games. Reckon he anticipates where the balls going at a clearance better than anyone in this class. Maybe only Draper compares. He then uses it quickly and instinctively.

Yes he can get pushed away, that's only cos he's light. He'll never be Dustin Martin, but strength will come. But he always puts his head over it (perhaps more than he should), - that is a more important trait.

Reactions: 13 users