2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I can win 20 clearances if l stand outside a pack and receive the ball from someones hard work ,
Contested possessions are a grey area to me these days ,you only have to be in the area of about 2-3 meters of a opposition player to get a stat.

Im not saying he won't end up a decent player eventually ,but he's not a no1 .

"a possession which has been won when the ball is in dispute". Contested possessions include "loose-ball gets, hard-ball gets, contested marks, gathers from a hit-out and frees for"

Pretty clear.

This is where we completely differ - you think he doesn't win the hard ball or clearance (which every stat disputes).

Leysy think's he's the best in his class for doing so. And does it in the best way - turns disputed ball into clear outside possession chains for his team.

Anyway - time will tell.

Reactions: 5 users
no.

we havnt had a first rounder since The Eureka Stockade

we'd be nuts to not play mega hardball with $hai,

and Freo would be nuts not to pay up.

Richmond: "hey Fellas, you want to add $hai to Brayshaw and Serong and win the 2025 flag?, give us your 3 firsts. if not, shai is contracted until 2029, you can have another crack then, when he's 30, and your window is closing. Match winning, goal kicking, clearance freaks of nature dont grow on trees you know fellas. Have you seen his stats on Optus? he gets BOG every time he plays there"

Freo: "ok"
Yeh, Shai is exactly what they need to get them to the next level. Brayshaw/Serong/Young/Shai/Darcy/Tracey/Pearce - there's a core of mids and bookends you build a flag around. Crazy not to have a red hot crack. Hopefully Wet Coke get involved in a bidding war.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah he's a nice kick ,and a good turn of speed ,and can do the hard stuff.
He looks better in the back line than in the forward half,and Lindsay looks better in the back half as well,he's not bad in the midfield ,just think theres a few better.
You reckon Mentha is Daniel Rioli quick? IN a draft with not much explosive pace, Mentha would be up there from what I've seen of him.

Pick after 30, I'm considering him.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't matter anyway. After we take FOS, Jags, Donut Guts, Chuck Berry and Bo Bo Allan, nobody will be counting.
Probably why the PRO redevelopment is taking so long. Need planning approval for the new trophy cabinet.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
No they aren't.

How does he have 14 contested possessions and 7 clearances a game in the champs. The most of any player in both categories if he's winning it outside a pack or in space?

He has backed that up in his Coates and VFL games. Reckon he anticipates where the balls going at a clearance better than anyone in this class. Maybe only Draper compares. He then uses it quickly and instinctively.

Yes he can get pushed away, that's only cos he's light. He'll never be Dustin Martin, but strength will come. But he always puts his head over it (perhaps more than he should), - that is a more important trait.
Yeh, bt has a set against him and ain't budging.

His numbers and the vision show a pretty fearless, agile, stick fighting way out of his weight class - and doing it well.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty clear.

This is where we completely differ - you think he doesn't win the hard ball or clearance (which every stat disputes).

Leysy think's he's the best in his class for doing so. And does it in the best way - turns disputed ball into clear outside possession chains for his team.

Anyway - time will tell.
Like l said l think it's a grey area .

Have one question BT @bengal tigers - where do you have him ranked?
I have Lalor 1,,FOS 2,,Draper3,,then for me it becomes open Reid 4.Trainor 5.Smith 6 then of course you have Ashcroft and Lombard in that mix .
Reid to me is more versatile than Smith ,but equally as good in the same position
And now Donut Guts.....

Not a bad effort from fat guts ,considering he still has a lot more fitness to come .
Onwards and upwards.

Reactions: 2 users
Shai and Bakes for 2024 Pick 3 and 23 and their 2025 first (which will be top 10 - Shai and bakes added to Harley Reid and they will improve)
West coast won’t trade for Bolton for the same reason we may trade him.
They are in the same situation as us.
I can’t see west coast parting with their pick 3 for anything.
If baker and Bolton leave they will both be a Freo imo.

West coast won’t trade for Bolton for the same reason we may trade him.
They are in the same situation as us.
I can’t see west coast parting with their pick 3 for anything.
If baker and Bolton leave they will both be a Freo imo.

Baker is going to WC

Reactions: 1 user