2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

The other thing that people don't mention, and I might be missing something here, can't we also bid up the draft? At Lombard in particular.

Reactions: 1 users
The only problem with Shai playing on with Richmond next year is if he asks to move again next year. WC and Fremantle may not have the currency in picks and are trying to move on an out of contract Warner.
Or he does a Ryan O’Keefe, stays and wins another premiership.

The only problem with Shai playing on with Richmond next year is if he asks to move again next year. WC and Fremantle may not have the currency in picks and are trying to move on an out of contract Warner.
No way they hold onto a player who wants to go home especially one that can get 2 high picks

Reactions: 1 user
Do they still use
music video loop GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I hope they just take the best available. If that’s a big body so be it. They must be competitive beasts though. No more Sonsie and Cellis types.

Reactions: 3 users
This is a fairly disappointing eventuality.

For Shai we need 9, 10 and 17 from Freo…..
He is that good, Contracted and what they need…. The Cherry!

For Bakes we need Barrass (Hawks) pick.

(To get them to the preferred destination.)

1,9,10, (13?), 17 ….. starts our draft.

Maybe :

Fos, Lalor, Berry, Lindsay, Whitlock….
Or another combination….

Before we use our second round picks
or trade with BrisVegas, Cartoon (F/S)
or deal with HoochCoast for Sausage
or even look to trade up….

Put Bakes and $hai in cotton wool this week…
let them walk a lap with the great man….
No point risking them.

They are our future and our glorious past.
Thanks Lads… forever Tigers.

Regards,
Stan

I cant help the returning feeling of dread.

Tigers go in with a top hand and draft a handful of Coery Ellis;s and Tommo Dows.

Please RFC dont F#*& it up ...............................
Higgins' Coleman Jones' Collier Dawkins
With our top 10 picks.

*I would be asking the AFL for the assistance package

The other thing that people don't mention, and I might be missing something here, can't we also bid up the draft? At Lombard in particular.
We should be derailing everyone.
We should bid on Ashcroft. Take some pressure of the kid we get.
Get Brisbane paying top price. No free passes.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
People do know that Shai hasn't formally requested a trade ,as his manager has come out and said,l think it might be his missus pushing the agenda.

Bolton’s manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told Foxsports.com.au in a statement he “has not requested a trade” but confirmed there were “ongoing discussions with Richmond throughout the season where he has indicated that he would be open to the idea of returning home to Perth if a suitable deal can be struck that benefits all parties involved.

“With a young family and strong ties to Perth, the prospect of being closer to home is appealing to him. However, Shai is not making any demands of Richmond and fully understands that he has four years remaining on his current contract.”

Good start: 'Expressions of Interest: a generational freak talent entering his prime who could deliver ultimate success to a side thereabouts: 3 first rounders.'

Bolton’s manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told Foxsports.com.au in a statement he “has not requested a trade” but confirmed there were “ongoing discussions with Richmond throughout the season where he has indicated that he would be open to the idea of returning home to Perth if a suitable deal can be struck that benefits all parties involved.

“With a young family and strong ties to Perth, the prospect of being closer to home is appealing to him. However, Shai is not making any demands of Richmond and fully understands that he has four years remaining on his current contract.”

Good start: 'Expressions of Interest: a generational freak talent entering his prime who could deliver ultimate success to a side thereabouts: 3 first rounders.'
Or West Coasts pick 3 +,he doesn't get to chose ,and he probably has at least 7 years of football left .