2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Nah. Reid himself has spoken about his number 1 area for improvement - speed.

Smith is just average.

It's Draper, Berry, Champion that have the speed. Allan is ok. Lombard, Ashcroft ok.

We need speed. Badly. There's not a lot of it in this draft.
We invented the fast game.
Rioli Castagna Bolton Bulter.
We need an injection of kids with speed and stamina

Reactions: 4 users
Im throwing it in with bakes and JG to get 3

JG is a free agent. West Coast just offer a contract. AFL then give the pick. Hopefully Band 3

West Coast's pick 3 would only be involved if it's for a Bolton trade to West Coast.

Highly unlikely Fremantle part with 3 x 1st round picks for Bolton. Picks 9 & 10 likely be offered if they are interested. Depends on final pick positions too.

Baker to West Coast would be the Barrass pick and maybe we give something back.

Reactions: 3 users
JG is a free agent. West Coast just offer a contract. AFL then give the pick. Hopefully Band 3

West Coast's pick 3 would only be involved if it's for a Bolton trade to West Coast.

Highly unlikely Fremantle part with 3 x 1st round picks for Bolton. Picks 9 & 10 likely.

Baker to West Coast would be the Barrass pick and maybe we give something back.

Yeah getting a bit carried away.

Forgot jg was FA!

But Shais contract status gives us all the power.

We nominate the price, or he plays out his contract.

Its not a small remainder of a contract him and ralph signed; its likely near $5m

Just on Fremantle again, is it correct clubs have to use a first round draft once every two years?

Looking at their draft history though they haven’t used a first round selection for two years

Just concerned we can’t extract maximum vale for Bolton and baker

Yeah getting a bit carried away.

Forgot jg was FA!

But Shais contract status gives us all the power.

We nominate the price, or he plays out his contract.

Its not a small remainder of a contract him and ralph signed; its likely near $5m

The only problem with Shai playing on with Richmond next year is if he asks to move again next year. WC and Fremantle may not have the currency in picks and are trying to move on a out of contract Warner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just on Fremantle again, is it correct clubs have to use a first round draft once every two years?

Looking at their draft history though they haven’t used a first round selection for two years

Just concerned we can’t extract maximum vale for Bolton and baker
2 every 4 years i reckon.
They had 2 in 2021, so don't need 1 this year, but would need 2 next year if they didn't have 1 this year.

Not seeing any speak of the Whitlocks.

They both look pretty promising.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
2 every 4 years i reckon.
They had 2 in 2021, so don't need 1 this year, but would need 2 next year if they didn't have 1 this year.

I think you can apply for special permission from the AFL which looks at the players age and other draft selections

I don’t think west coast have the assets to pay for baker. And they are not giving up pick 3 easily.

I favor sending Bolton and baker to freo. This increases their chances of a flag considerably

In return gives us 9,10,17, 26 and F1 (16-18)

I don’t think west coast have the assets to pay for baker. And they are not giving up pick 3 easily.

I favor sending Bolton and baker to freo. This increases their chances of a flag considerably

bakes goes back a very long way with coach in waiting Schofield.

Hes going to WC

How do freo get two first rounders next year? Kind of a bizarre rule

In theory designed to stop you from ruining yourself. In practice could deny them a flag.

Say Baker is valued at pick 17 maybe slightly more.

The rest of the trade 9,10, 26 and F1 is at Chris Judd levels points wise (with Kennedy valued at pick 4).. I think that was around 4,800 in today's terms.

Think 3,000 to max 3,500 for Bolton would be a good result.

I cant help the returning feeling of dread.

Tigers go in with a top hand and draft a handful of Coery Ellis;s and Tommo Dows.

Please RFC dont F#*& it up ...............................

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Who we going to pay overs or recruit to pay 95% of the cap??????? Mill for Shai gone, Mill for Dusty gone, potentially 700k for Rioli gone

Who we going to pay overs or recruit to pay 95% of the cap??????? Mill for Shai gone, Mill for Dusty gone, potentially 700k for Rioli gone

All these gun kids were gonna bring in will be on $1m in 2028.

In the meantime, lynchy is back ended and has a couple more years. balta will use alot, gibbo too.

Tarranto and hopper on $750.

But yeah, a few bloke will get overs for a few years.

Said for a long time that *smile* sides should be able to kick 10-20% of TPP down the road 3 years. Save it up to attract free agents

Reactions: 2 users