2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Ffs. Atrocious goal line defending over and over.

Terrible performance today.

first quarter they all watched Jack Hayes rove the goal line, turn around like the queen Mary, straighten up, and roost it through.

it was to footy defence,

what Raygun is to world breakdancing

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Geez jagga didn't look like a pick one today. Pick one needs to be a good kick im leaning towards draper smille for his size or fos but geez it aint an easy pick 1

Jagga not given the credit he deserves. Yes FOS looked all class but Jagga was the one doing all the heavy lifting in the back half to get the ball going our way.

Reactions: 9 users
Jagga not given the credit he deserves. Yes FOS looked all class but Jagga was the one doing all the heavy lifting in the back half to get the ball going our way.
Is a very good footballer. Pick one I prefer a bigger body.
Dustin Martin did not dominate at u18 level however he showed glimpses and FOS does the same. Just my opion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The lack of size and damage makes Jagga a dubious #1.
The lack of ball and obvious athleticism makes FOS a dubious #1 pick despite his obvious class.
Draper is a possible #1, his speed is eye catching, but his carnival stats are not i.e. when he was against the best.

It feels like any of these kids or at least another five - could easily be the best mid in this draft. e.g. Lalor, Smillie, Langford, Ashcroft

We need multiple top ten picks via trades (difficult) - and then we need to nail them (even more difficult).

The Richmond list management team have a lot of work to do to get this offseason right.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Let’s not put a line through Archie May either
Smooth mover. Was good on the deck.
Terrific pack mark.
If I had to critique it would be some of his forward craft, in leading harder, presenting to teammates and bodycraft.
But he's young and learning.
A lot to like

Reactions: 3 users
If Jagga goes at pick 20 it’s the greater draft of all time.
I'm exaggerating a bit. He'll be a jet. Gun in and under player.

He plays a lot like Taranto...

I'd definitely take him. But I don't see a pick one at his size and with his disposal.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I'm exaggerating a bit. He'll be a jet. Gun in and under player.

He plays a lot like Taranto...

I'd definitely take him. But I don't see a pick one at his size and with his disposal.
I see Jagga more of a Daicos type. Not as polished but a player who gets the forward chains going. Creative. Finds the holes.

If we get multiple picks inside top 10 and walk away with FOS and Jagga, then we are already ahead of the rebuild curb.

Reactions: 5 users
I see Jagga more of a Daicos type. Not as polished but a player who gets the forward chains going. Creative. Finds the holes.

If we get multiple picks inside top 10 and walk away with FOS and Jagga, then we are already ahead of the rebuild curb.
I've only watched him play 3 times, but not what I've seen so far.

Certainly hasn't been overawed playing against men though!

Reactions: 1 user
The lack of size and damage makes Jagga a dubious #1.
The lack of ball and obvious athleticism makes FOS a dubious #1 pick despite his obvious class.
Draper is a possible #1, his speed is eye catching, but his carnival stats are not i.e. when he was against the best.

It feels like any of these kids or at least another five - could easily be the best mid in this draft. e.g. Lalor, Smillie, Langford, Ashcroft

We need multiple top ten picks via trades (difficult) - and then we need to nail them (even more difficult).

The Richmond list management team have a lot of work to do to get this offseason right.
I agree with your comments, still a lot of questions. In fairness to Draper, he was coming back from injury but got better with each game. If he was a Victorian I think he would be a huge chance to go number one as he seems to have the most rounded game of the top picks.

Reactions: 1 users
Freo, should they lose next week, and Haw and Dogs win, which they are odds on to do, will fall to 8th. Their first pick will become 11.
Then there's their Coll pick, currently 8. Pies have Bears at G. Bris should win. Then the GC have to beat Dees at Peoples Boogaloo. If that happens, and it should by God, that pick becomes 7.
Imagine 7 and 11 staring at us in the face for Bolton, who was appalling today, and not taking it.

Reactions: 5 users