2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

The combination must include 8 and 13. Otherwise tell them to *smile* off. He’s our player so pony up losers.

8, 13 and 17 for Bolton and 33. Might be slightly in our favour, but we will probably pay 40-50% of his wages.

Bear in mind those 3 picks will likely blow out to 10, 15 and 20/21 and its not too far away IMO.

The combination must include 8 and 13. Otherwise tell them to *smile* off. He’s our player so pony up losers.
We could wish. Sausage is way the better player than Shai. Take the best we can get for Shai n move on, still petulant far to often, still tries to play like he's the only one capable. Cream on top for a good side, often a hindrance in a poor side.

Reactions: 1 user
8, 13 and 17 for Bolton and 33. Might be slightly in our favour, but we will probably pay 40-50% of his wages.

Bear in mind those 3 picks will likely blow out to 10, 15 and 20/21 and its not too far away IMO.
He’s contracted so it should be well in our favour. Why do we need to pay any of his salary? If he wants to leave then we need to get the best overs deal.

Reactions: 3 users
We could wish. Sausage is way the better player than Shai. Take the best we can get for Shai n move on, still petulant far to often, still tries to play like he's the only one capable. Cream on top for a good side, often a hindrance in a poor side.
Agree but Shai is a more talented player, one of the most talented in the league. We need to play on that and the go home factor. Freo especially will be very keen and will likely think he can take them the next step. He just might if his mind is on the job.

He’s contracted so it should be well in our favour. Why do we need to pay any of his salary? If he wants to leave then we need to get the best overs deal.
We don’t have to pay anything but no doubt it’s part of the negotiation. For me if we pay any of his wage Tiges get Freo’s first 3 picks.

Like it. The blow out of those picks is irrelevant as it only blows out on players we could never get anyway like Ashcroft.

And we’ll have A LOT of TPP available next year
Yeah in principle I hate paying for players to play against us but if it in this instance helps us get an outstanding and over odds deal then we can do it. Especially with TPP room.

Yeah in principle I hate paying for players to play against us but if it in this instance helps us get an outstanding and over odds deal then we can do it. Especially with TPP room.
maximising Rioli and Bolton is critical to the rebuild. If it costs us some $$$ so be it

Why would we pay any of his wages?

He is on a relatively normal amount for a player of his stature

I went to the VFL game on Sunday almost exclusively to watch Jags and FOS. In fact, I pretty much just watched them. Off the ball, their running patterns, how much time on the bench, their communication etc. A lot of stuff you can’t see on tv. My 2 cents worth on them with a bit of a one on one comparison involved….

Jags was easily the better of the two from an output perspective on the day. I thought he was our second best player behind Blight. He’s a very very smart footballer Jags – particularly at stoppages. He has elite play reading skills. His positioning, his running to space….fantastic. Quick hands. He got off numerous contested/pressure handballs to team mates in the clear which then established links down the ground. His kicking lacks penetration. Watching him warm up he couldn’t cover 40m downhill at the train station end of the ground taking set shots. When he gets some more oomf in his kicking, and creates more forward movement with more kicking (very handball dominant), he will be a player.

FOS, whilst lesser output, is the classier and more impactful player when involved. He hits contests with more speed than Jags and takes the tackler on. Stays on his feet. Good finisher. He was a bit disappointing from a work rate perspective though. He’s underdone. Spent nearly 12 mins on the bench in the 3rd quarter and maybe the same in the last quarter. He was totally gassed in the last quarter. Thought he was gonna throw up actually. He spent a lot of the game jogging through the centre corridor whereas Jags worked out wider and into defence much more. Some of that was to do with Morris yelling at him to stay out there and hold the structure. Anyway, he still has a ways to go on the aerobic front I feel. Maybe injuries have affected that this year.

Both are not that quick over the ground. (FOS the advantage in that respect. He’s ok…but certainly not nippy.) That’s not either of their 1 woods. They’re both contest to contest players which is where they shine.

Both should be good players. Dunno if I’d take both of them together though. Think I’d like a bit more speed and carry and would mix one of them up with a Draper or someone instead if I had two picks in the top 3-5.

Anyway, just personal at the game, obs....

(One other thing: FOS has definitely grown a cm or two. He is quite well defined in the shoulders and legs and projects to have a pretty solid frame in a couple of years. Jags....not so much).

• Love
Reactions: 31 users
Just bumped into Cal Twomey in the CBD. He asked who I followed, so I said Tigers. He then asked who I wanted at number 1. My response "we're that bad I don't think it matters, they'll all improve us."
He laughed and said "load up on picks and hit it hard, you'll turn around quickly. You guys need a big trade week." He seems like a nice fella, pretty friendly and humble.
Nothing revolutionary in that, but it's obvious to everyone. Just need to execute.

Reactions: 20 users

yes 3 first rounders is the price for a 25 yo match winning superstar.

advise Shai not to buy a house in Freo, or if he does, get a rental agent.

pay the price, or no sale on this one surely?

Just bumped into Cal Twomey in the CBD. He asked who I followed, so I said Tigers. He then asked who I wanted at number 1. My response "we're that bad I don't think it matters, they'll all improve us."
He laughed and said "load up on picks and hit it hard, you'll turn around quickly. You guys need a big trade week." He seems like a nice fella, pretty friendly and humble.
Nothing revolutionary in that, but it's obvious to everyone. Just need to execute.
Yeah, he's a nice guy. (Lives in Richmond).

You missed an opportunity. You should have asked him who he thought Richmond - or who most teams - had pegged at 1.

Last edited:

wow! strong overhead is an enormous separator.

This top 6 is almost a roll of the dice pick!

Purely on 23/24 form and with the least risk, I think its

Jagga
Ashcroft
Draper
Lombard
Langford
Trainor

But allowing for injury, with a bit of risk, its probably

FOS
Jagga
Ashcroft
Draper
Lalor
Lombard
Langford

there's 720 combos and I think the reality is, all 18 clubs will have a different combo.

Reactions: 4 users