2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

That brings back some memories,the Canopy Club .
Thinking about it l wonder how l got up those stairs after along night ,or down them after the pub closed:ROFLMAO:

Youde redeem your entry raffle ticket and soak up some of the Bacardi and coke with a little plate of round mini fried dim sims,

And up youde go.

Then the bitter wind would roar up the Lydiard street bluestone funnel and scald the blood in your ears.

Youde lurch home, dreaming what could have been with all the girls in leather mini skirts and hairprayed fringes, doing The Locomotion.

Sometimes youde go the long route, downhill, to little bridge

And grab a hotdog with cheese and corn-relish

Before sleep

Reactions: 1 users
Youde redeem your entry raffle ticket and soak up some of the Bacardi and coke with a little plate of round mini fried dim sims,

And up youde go.

Then the bitter wind would roar up the Lydiard street bluestone funnel and scald the blood in your ears.

Youde lurch home, dreaming what could have been with all the girls in leather mini skirts and hairprayed fringes, doing The Locomotion.

Before sleep
Geez l remember those days well and the hamburger cart ,,,,,in saying that l used to love going to bands more ,at the rat or Railway ,or any of those smaller pubs around ballarat.

Reactions: 2 users
Wouldn't be a bad Draft combine test, fastest up the Canopy Club stairs at 3am, would cover a lot of bases.
Yeah and break a few necks ,l don't know if anyone has ever fell down those stairs ,but lm guessing they did.

I reckon the uphill training track for horses at Dowling forest ,,the,endurance test ,that would stuff a lot of them up.
I walked up it once ,it is hard ,l would hate to be running up it at pace.

Reactions: 1 user

And up youde go.

Before sleep
Ahh The Locomotion

• Haha
Couple of later picks (assuming we don’t trade them) that haven’t been nominated for the National or state combine…

Charlie Richardson - KBs grandson
Flynn Penry - 201cm ruckman.

Any thoughts? Obviously speculative 🧐

I like Penry.
Played well last year in the GF game but been injured this year… Got touched up by Robson? (SA) in the champs though…

Richardson is a bit raw and not sure where he settles at 191cm but looked lively in the champs for Vic Metro up forward. Kicking was Richo dodgy from memory.

Our man Lockwood (Academy) from may fill these roles though….. if he fills out.

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 2 users
Oakleigh v Rebels
RSEA Park
Sunday 18/8 12.00pm

Couple of later picks (assuming we don’t trade them) that haven’t been nominated for the National or state combine…

I like Penry.
Played well last year in the GF game but been injured this year… Got touched up by Robson? (SA) in the champs though…

Richardson is a bit raw and not sure where he settles at 191cm but looked lively in the champs for Vic Metro up forward. Kicking was Richo dodgy from memory.

Regards,
Stan
Penry is a great kid, works really hard but is probably a bit too lumbering for a modern day ruck. Would carve out a solid VFL career as his ruck craft is quite good.
Charlie Richardson has had a bit of a roller coaster year. Oakleigh were rubbish early and being a forward in a non functioning team would have been awful.
Had a really solid/consistent year with Brighton Grammar winning the APS premiership. His Vic Metro was one good game, one awful.
His Oakleigh games slotted in with school were quite good. His last few were really good.
He played the APS v AGS game today was arguably best on ground. Took a heap of marks on lead and pack. Really good contested work.
He’s still growing (193cm last measurement) and is a still a year or 2 from physically maturing.
Would think he would be a good rookie pick where he’s given time to mature.

Reactions: 8 users

I like Penry.

Regards,
Stan
You mentioned Charlie’s kicking. Through experience, he’s kicking goes a bit off when he’s going through a growth spurt. When it stops he’s kicking comes back. Adjusting to longer levers is always a challenge and probably why the smaller guys get all the attention from recruiters

Reactions: 3 users
Langford being spruiked as new #1 i hread somewhere he was a Tigers fan ?

Hope the Tigers are looking at him some rave reviews coming lately.

I hope the Tigers dont just get blinded to Smiyth if there are better players in the offing.

Jagga also a Tigers fans though ..............can we get both ?

I hope the Tigers dont just get blinded to Smiyth if there are better players in the offing.

Langford’s thoughts on who should go # 1

“I think Finn O’Sullivan should be Pick 1,” Harvey mentioned on SEN Breakfast.

“His skills are on a different level. His speed and footy IQ are pretty special. He’s a great person also.

“You want a great person around the club and he’s a great leader. He was a great leader for Vic Country.

“On and off the field he’s a just a really good person and really good player.”

Jagga is a Collingwood supporter but he played for Richmond JFC and grew up in Richmond

Nine minutes into the first quarter and Gerryn has kicked 2. The first while in the ruck, he marked, played on and from outside fifty he cleared the fence. The second while resting forward he took a pack mark and slotted it.

My other man Ravenhill, has kicked one after taking a mark.

I'd be ok if Gerryn is the first big bloke we pick in the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Nine minutes into the first quarter and Gerryn has kicked 2. The first while in the ruck, he marked, played on and from outside fifty he cleared the fence. The second while resting forward he took a pack mark and slotted it.

My other man Ravenhill, has kicked one after taking a mark.

I'd be ok if Gerryn is the first big bloke we pick in the draft.

Yeah I like the Big G too.

Reactions: 3 users
Such a big lump with a big rump.
Big Texan / Tomahawk vibes.

I'm in.
But can he run out an afl game?