2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yeah Amiss is a good result/comparison.

But for an early pick - How much risk is there he ends up more like Sam Weideman?

Personally, think we should be prioritising getting someone to replace Lynch - i.e. that can play No 1 forward and take down the opposition's best defender. Not sure Armstrong will be that, given he looks to have some physical limitations.
I'd say low risk of a Weideman - now there's a static kick-mark player.

Sims is your Lynch type. Let's get both.

Reactions: 1 users
Yikes, hope he is better than the merch.

And it's so far from no mater what. No one has a firm grip on pick 1.

The club rightly is getting a good look but all the same it's pretty weird how our club's VFL players just have to step aside whilst the top draft picks strut their stuff. Why only stop at 2? Let's play a dozen of them?

Reactions: 2 users
Still think FOS is the most talented in this draft followed by Lalor and wouldn’t be disappointed with either but I’m also hoping we land Berry as well.

The club rightly is getting a good look but all the same it's pretty weird how our club's VFL players just have to step aside whilst the top draft picks strut their stuff. Why only stop at 2? Let's play a dozen of them?
With the injuries at AFL and at VFL there is no issues running both Jagga and Finn

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks mate,,got my dates stuffed up,,l will make the trip down to Moorabbin for that one .
So a few might be playing VFL this week.
Oakleigh v Rebels is still TBC date and venue. Trevor Barker Oval (Sandy VFL) has become OC’s home ground. But as they are coming from all over regional west they may play them at Werribee

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah Amiss is a good result/comparison.

But for an early pick - How much risk is there he ends up more like Sam Weideman?

Personally, think we should be prioritising getting someone to replace Lynch - i.e. that can play No 1 forward and take down the opposition's best defender. Not sure Armstrong will be that, given he looks to have some physical limitations.
Forwards - Armstrong, Faull, Shanahan
Forward/Ruck - Sims, Whitlock twins

Depending on what picks we end up would like one from each group. If we were in a position to get 3 I’d go 2 from forwards.

Forwards - Armstrong, Faull, Shanahan
Forward/Ruck - Sims, Whitlock twins

Depending on what picks we end up would like one from each group. If we were in a position to get 3 I’d go 2 from forwards.
That's a good debate. I'm not convinced that forward rucks listed aren't as mobile as the others. Armstrong your probably spot on but the other two I don't think so.

That's a good debate. I'm not convinced that forward rucks listed aren't as mobile as the others. Armstrong your probably spot on but the other two I don't think so.
Shanahan looks a bit lumbering recently but have seen him move really well in past games. Great hands.
Haven’t seen Faull in live action but he’s the biggest of the 3 forwards.
Armstrong will be a third tall

25. Jonty Faull
GWV Rebels/Vic Country
FWD, 195cm
2024 Champs: 3 games, 8.3 disposals, 3.3 marks, 1.7 goals

Faull has missed a chunk of the season through injury and wasn't at his best through the champs, but his work rate was still excellent. He acts as the outlet out of defence and pushes hard forward to get on the end of attacking chains with great aerobic capacity. He kicked five goals in his injury return for the Rebels and entered the season as one of the premier talls.

I haven’t seen Jonty live and am only going on the footage I can get on the internet but I see him as your get out man up the line. Pretty much explains it in the description above.

Is he quick enough? @bengal tigers thinks so.