2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Oh snap, then the needle hasn't moved at all and nothing has changed on the FOS front.

And the Cothcin draft comparisons do not hold true. While both had injury issues, Cotch showed huge glimpses of talent at the Champs and dominated the then TAC. Cmon Boy, show us some TAC form.
Yeah you cant pull the trigger at Pick 1 on that exposed form.

Reactions: 1 users
Good article.

Massive decisions coming up by Blair and co. If Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham were to go we could potentially get 4-5 first rounders and 1-2 second rounders. Add our own first rounder and potentially a trade with GC/Carl/Bris for another, we could end up with 6-7 first rounders and a couple of second rounders. That's massive and by the sounds of it this draft is kinda deep. I've been against trading out all these players but it is enticing.
It would be the biggest top end haul in history and potentially the ultimate template for secondary dynasties within a decade. Eat em alive

Reactions: 2 users
Oh snap, then the needle hasn't moved at all and nothing has changed on the FOS front.

And the Cothcin draft comparisons do not hold true. While both had injury issues, Cotch showed huge glimpses of talent at the Champs and dominated the then TAC. Cmon Boy, show us some TAC form.
Finn's 2nd broken finger was quite bad and the fact that he's still wearing a splint when not playing footy confirms this. Hopefully its not permanent damage.

Ive watched him plenty of times live and he is still IMO the best player in this draft.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Good article.

Massive decisions coming up by Blair and co. If Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham were to go we could potentially get 4-5 first rounders and 1-2 second rounders. Add our own first rounder and potentially a trade with GC/Carl/Bris for another, we could end up with 6-7 first rounders and a couple of second rounders. That's massive and by the sounds of it this draft is kinda deep. I've been against trading out all these players but it is enticing.
At least if it doesn't work, you can say we had a clear strategy but got the picks wrong.

I don't think our rebuild strategy has been horrible since 2017, the drafting has been and we've kept players far too long but if loyalty to a list is the worst thing you can say, things aren't that bad. But now we need a clean break, get the kids in. Build it again. RIght time. Cash in what we have.

Reactions: 4 users
I think we have to get Armstrong.

Great mover, strong mark, beautiful kick. Like the best key forwards, there's something 'The Man' about him.

Reactions: 6 users
I think we have to get Armstrong.

Great mover, strong mark, beautiful kick. Like the best key forwards, there's something 'The Man' about him.

He's a lovely kick and obviously a smart footballer who wants the "moment".

But doesn't look a key forward at AFL level to Leysy.

He struggles to get elevation and also reckon lacks a little athleticism/agility. Shapes as more a Jack Gunston type - it's a difficult position.

All opinions, but think there are better talls for us to draft.

Reactions: 3 users
He's a lovely kick and obviously a smart footballer who wants the "moment".

But doesn't look a key forward at AFL level to Leysy.

He struggles to get elevation and also reckon lacks a little athleticism/agility. Shapes as more a Jack Gunston type - it's a difficult position.

All opinions, but think there are better talls for us to draft.

This bloke. Aggressive tall forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently the Crows are super keen on Draper, being an SA boy. Will be interesting to see if they have a crack at trading for the top pick as that's probably their best chance to get him. As it stands now they would have to move up from pick 4 and I would guess that their future first could be in play. If Richmond don't have Draper as their clear number one and rate the top 4-5 midfielders reasonably evenly this could be a great moneyball play by Richmond. We could add another first rounder in 2025, but I would only consider doing this if the Crows maintain their position on the ladder and keep pick 4 ahead of the Saints picks. Thoughts?

Reactions: 3 users
Good article.

Add to that what we don't use at the Draft, can be traded for future picks & we do it all again next yr, hopefully without the talent loss.

Apparently the Crows are super keen on Draper, being an SA boy. Will be interesting to see if they have a crack at trading for the top pick as that's probably their best chance to get him. As it stands now they would have to move up from pick 4 and I would guess that their future first could be in play. If Richmond don't have Draper as their clear number one and rate the top 4-5 midfielders reasonably evenly this could be a great moneyball play by Richmond. We could add another first rounder in 2025, but I would only consider doing this if the Crows maintain their position on the ladder and keep pick 4 ahead of the Saints picks. Thoughts?
3 way trade with crows and GC
Crows get 1
Suns get AC future 1st
Tigers get 4 and 6

We pocket FOS and Lalor

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users