2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Looks like FOS is playing APS football again this weekend for Xavier and not Coates League for Oakleigh. Playing against Haileybury.

Bloody schools...
Show us something FOS. Make it impossible for us not to take it.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like FOS is playing APS football again this weekend for Xavier and not Coates League for Oakleigh. Playing against Haileybury.

Bloody schools...

bit of a red flag.

whips are cracking,

and some kids are stepping up a grade against men,

and others stepping down against school boys.

its weird management at best?

Sausage, Shai n Bakes all from interstate n all have been privileged enough to dance upon the top of the mountain more than once. Obviously last year n this year have shown them exactly what it's going to be like when the dance music stops. Maybe they don't want to do the hard yards of scraping around the arse end of the ladder n rebuilding again, no different I guess to Dimma.
If they want out, then so be it. I barrack for the RFC n support the players that are wearing our colours, thankful for the unexpected joy they gave us through the flag years, but take off the colours n they're no longer one of my mob. If they wish to pursue the rest of their careers elsewhere, no probs, get the best deals we can possibly wrangle for them. Wave goodbye n go again with a new mob. Might actually make life just a little bit easier for the club and coaches if there is a complete line in the sand renewal.

Reactions: 8 users
bit of a red flag.

whips are cracking,

Huh ? They're basically obligated to play for their school if they're in the APS. Whole bunch of them played school football last week and will again this weekend. That's what scoop and I were saying about the Coates teams last week - devoid of their best players most of them esp the non country Coates teams.

Lets say it's true, and they all want out.

What will our draft hand look like? Rioli and Bolton contracted and Freo and Suns have to break their contracts.

#6 - Rioli trade
#7 - Bolton trade
#10 - Baker (Barass to Hawks, pick 10 to Eagles)
#11 - Rioli trade
#12 - Bolton trade
#15 - points trade with Carlton
#17 - points trade with Brisbane

Realistic? We might be able to pull off a bit more if we pay some of Rioli and Boltons contract. Full of kids, we'll have cap space galore.

Would we use them all, or use five and trade into next years first round and possibly have pick 1 and three more firsts.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Huh ? They're basically obligated to play for their school if they're in the APS. Whole bunch of them played school football last week and will again this weekend. That's what scoop and I were saying about the Coates teams last week - devoid of their best players most of them esp the non country Coates teams.

they have to play school?

gee

Show us something FOS. Make it impossible for us not to take it.
Is someone trying to hide him somewhat, I know every club knows all about him Scooper but could it be the difference between top 2-3 or going at 5-6?

What will our draft hand look like? Rioli and Bolton contracted and Freo and Suns have to break their contracts.

#6 - Rioli trade
#7 - Bolton trade
#11 - Rioli trade
#12 - Bolton trade

Realistic? We might be able to pull off a bit more if we pay some of Rioli and Boltons contract. Full of kids, we'll have cap space galore.

Would we use them all, or use five and trade into next years first round and possibly have pick 1 and three more firsts.

thats like an expansion club set up package!

if it is a the super draft we think, and we nailed 75% of the picks, and bought in 6 gun 18 yo's

we could enter another dynasty in 3-4 years

draper, jagga, lalor, berry, langford, Lindsay, travaglia, sims + IN?

jeez. its very tempting.

Reactions: 5 users
Exactly Redders as I posted elsewhere, if these guys put their hands up there is a major issue at the club within the footy Department .................Coaching/Admin.

Even 2 of them wanting out is a major concern tbh.

Especially Rioli as he is Richmond Blood Royalty, if he walks out thats damning for the RFC and no doubt Moju likely would follow him.
Or it's a offer he can't refuse abd longer

bit of a red flag.

whips are cracking,

He's injured. Has his finger in a brace.

Reactions: 1 user

#6 - Rioli trade
#7 - Bolton trade
#11 - Rioli trade
#12 - Bolton trade

Geez. Sausage worth better picks than Shai, who'da thunk it. Think ya coulda added our first pick in the second round, about 21 n made it look a little better Wayno :))
Reckon ya mighta been dreamin a tad to the premium side of what our players trade value is, but damn that's a beautiful set of numbers staring back at me n best thing is that according to all the pundits who claim to know a bit. This would be the draft to hit up maximum.

Reactions: 1 user
Somewhat of some stars aligning from a pure potential pick number view, given Freo and gold coast are the 2 most loaded with picks and want our players. Lucky it's not port or the dog poaching this year. Plus Graham potential free agency compo coming at a year down the bottom (stupid compo is tied to position, but evens out Ellis)

Reactions: 2 users
What a stupid system. Private school wankfest.
If it wasn’t for our private school footballing programs, our junior development would be in an entire mess here in Victoria.
We are miles behind the interstate academies and the rep teams are a joke atm.
Blame the AFL, not the school programs

Yep. A lot of them are on scholarship type arrangements that require them to prioritise school commitments first.
Yeah I guess if the schools give out 100,000s in scholarships then they're going to put a requirement on to play