2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Good first offer. Plenty of wiggle room. It's on.

And there is no way Gold Coast would be talking to Richmond about the price if Daniel wasn't ok with it and aware of it.
yes. Its crude analysis, but if it happens, we counter at 6 and 11, do the deal at 6 and 20.

Reactions: 1 users
Shai Bolton will reportedly "pursue" a move back to his home state of Western Australia in the upcoming trade period despite having another four years on his current deal. (via Zero Hanger)

Cal Twomey believes there is every chance that the Tigers could let go of the 25-year-old to cash in on a host of high selections to assist in rebuilding the club.

"Freo is still chasing him," Twomey said on Gettable. "And he wants to get back to Western Australia. He will pursue this.

"Four years to run on his deal, but the Tigers, again, are in control of this one.

"But the Dockers have picks. It comes down to this big call: Do you do it now while the club that he might want to get to has the selections to appease?

"And is that appealing enough to make it happen? How deep do you cut?

"That is still a watch."

Richmond has the power to let him go but given Bolton is still under contract, they are entitled to hold him at Punt Road until it expires.

The trade speculation comes as Gold Coast is still waiting to pounce on half-back Daniel Rioli, who like Bolton, is also under contract.

It was reported that the Suns are willing to offer two first-round picks to lure Rioli north.

Tigers teammate Liam Baker is also weighing up a move home to Western Australia, with both the Dockers and Eagles coming hard for Richmond's vice-captain.

If Richmond were to see all three players depart, they could hold up to six first-round selections for the 2024 National Draft.

Reactions: 2 users
Shai Bolton will reportedly "pursue" a move back to his home state of Western Australia in the upcoming trade period despite having another four years on his current deal. (via Zero Hanger)

Cal Twomey believes there is every chance that the Tigers could let go of the 25-year-old to cash in on a host of high selections to assist in rebuilding the club.

"Freo is still chasing him," Twomey said on Gettable. "And he wants to get back to Western Australia. He will pursue this.

"Four years to run on his deal, but the Tigers, again, are in control of this one.

"But the Dockers have picks. It comes down to this big call: Do you do it now while the club that he might want to get to has the selections to appease?

"And is that appealing enough to make it happen? How deep do you cut?

"That is still a watch."

Richmond has the power to let him go but given Bolton is still under contract, they are entitled to hold him at Punt Road until it expires.

The trade speculation comes as Gold Coast is still waiting to pounce on half-back Daniel Rioli, who like Bolton, is also under contract.

It was reported that the Suns are willing to offer two first-round picks to lure Rioli north.

Tigers teammate Liam Baker is also weighing up a move home to Western Australia, with both the Dockers and Eagles coming hard for Richmond's vice-captain.

If Richmond were to see all three players depart, they could hold up to six first-round selections for the 2024 National Draft.
Didn't Shai recently tell Blair he doesn't want to go anywhere ,hard to keep up with all the crap thats going around.

Reactions: 3 users
Have Rioli or Bolton said they want out ,it would be strange to trade two indigenous player's .
All the Indigenous boys are super tight at the club. Literally do everything together. If one decides to leave it may cause a domino effect.

All the Indigenous boys are super tight at the club. Literally do everything together. If one decides to leave it may cause a domino effect.
Dan's gonna get married and Mozza's got a new partner so time would come to live their own way.

Have Rioli or Bolton said they want out ,it would be strange to trade two indigenous player's .
Neither of them have said anything about wanting out. I thought the latest was both had said they were committed to us, but then I guess they have to say that, but I don't see anything in the way they are playing suggesting they are checking out.

Reactions: 1 user
Neither of them have said anything about wanting out. I thought the latest was both had said they were committed to us, but then I guess they have to say that, but I don't see anything in the way they are playing suggesting they are checking out.
Either do l to be honest ,it's all a bunch of back ground noise at the moment .

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how much of this is true, but if it is, you've gotta ask yourself if we're travelling all that well at the moment. Not just on-field but off as well.

What happened to the great culture club that was the greatest place to come to work ?

If Rioli and Shai want out then I'm beginning to get concerned. Baker, godfather offer to go home. Ok maybe I can live with that. But if contracted guys like Daniel and Shai want out I'm beginning to ask questions.

Hopefully speculative media bs again.

Reactions: 12 users
Not sure how much of this is true, but if it is, you've gotta ask yourself if we're travelling all that well at the moment. Not just on-field but off as well.

What happened to the great culture club that was the greatest place to come to work ?

If Rioli and Shai want out then I'm beginning to get concerned. Baker, godfather offer to go home. Ok maybe I can live with that. But if contracted guys like Daniel and Shai want out I'm beginning to ask questions.

I don't think it's a major problem. Always happens with new coaches. It's time for the Ooze kids to keep building it under him. Father time again for Shai and hubby time for Dan. I've never seeing either as a true leader at the club.

Exactly Redders as I posted elsewhere, if these guys put their hands up there is a major issue at the club within the footy Department .................Coaching/Admin.

Even 2 of them wanting out is a major concern tbh.

Especially Rioli as he is Richmond Blood Royalty, if he walks out thats damning for the RFC and no doubt Moju likely would follow him.

Exactly Redders as I posted elsewhere, if these guys put their hands up there is a major issue at the club within the footy Department .................Coaching/Admin.

Nah. They're just *smile*-scared of Meehan!

Can't blame them either!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Even 2 of them wanting out is a major concern tbh.

Especially Rioli as he is Richmond Blood Royalty, if he walks out thats damning for the RFC and no doubt Moju likely would follow him.
Why is it a major issue? They've both hit the ceiling winning 2 and 3 flags and maybe want to move on for another challenge at another club.

I don't think it's a major problem. Always happens with new coaches. It's time for the Ooze kids to keep building it under him. Father time again for Shai and hubby time for Dan. I've never seeing either as a true leader at the club.
No it doesn't. Not a block of 3 of your best and most important players, in their prime, entrenched in the club.

Calling bs on your last 2 sentences as well.

Why is it a major issue? They've both hit the ceiling winning 2 and 3 flags and maybe want to move on for another challenge at another club.
Just cant shake the feeling that somethings not right at ther RFC it hasnt been right since 21.

This end of season will tell a lot more .......a lot more.