2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Cash in on 28 year old olds, this is a unique situation, Gold Coast with an academy prospect, an ex Richmond coach.

We traded Brett Deledio at around the same age and he is an infinitely better player than Dan Rioli.
I hear you. But Rioli is a guy who is a key player in keeping the culture we have established. Deledio….

Reactions: 4 users
Cash in on 28 year old olds, this is a unique situation, Gold Coast with an academy prospect, an ex Richmond coach.

We traded Brett Deledio at around the same age and he is an infinitely better player than Dan Rioli.
Dunno if that's the best comparison.

Lids was riddled with injuries. (And was going to be 30 in April the following year.)

Reactions: 2 users
Rioli is one of the better running half backs in the comp. But he has a lot of kms on the odometer the last 3-4 years. You should not be betting he will be running this hard in two years. We won't even talk about Vlas and Broad and Dion and Nank and Lunch. We can cash in for something NOW. If neither Baker or Rioli go it'll be almost negligent.

Word is Puma made them by mistake. Not supposed to have the rear sash, but by the time they were manufactured they didn’t have time to fix them.
So Puma have been making the same jumper for 7 years and in year 8 they decide to put a sash on the back with white numbers?

Seems a stretch.

Rioli is one of the better running half backs in the comp. But he has a lot of kms on the odometer the last 3-4 years. You should not be betting he will be running this hard in two years. We won't even talk about Vlas and Broad and Dion and Nank and Lunch. We can cash in for something NOW. If neither Baker or Rioli go it'll be almost negligent.

Danny has put a lot of miles on the clock through the dynasty.

But like @tigersnake said the other day,

many thought Shaun Burgoyne was a bit cooked when he went to the hawks at 27,

and he played another 250 great games!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
So Puma have been making the same jumper for 7 years and in year 8 they decide to put a sash on the back with white numbers?

Seems a stretch.
I’ve worked in the sporting apparel industry for many years. Not a stretch.

Reactions: 1 users
Remember it's not about who is the best now, it's about who clubs think will be the best in 3, 4, 5 + years time, that's the challenge.

Reactions: 5 users
Does some good things. Butters like. Disposal looks a bit rough to me. Doesn't have the polish/finesse that I've seen from Jagga and FOS.

Lalor is good but I don't see a number 1 or 2 pick.
Lalor's a beautiful kick; better than Jagga.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not concerned about the DE%. There won't have been many today that had much if anywhere above 50%, it was a win ball, hack if forward off the boot type of game. No skill, just see ball, win ball and get it forward.

The key, as you say, is the ball winning ability. There were concerns about how he'd go with a slight body against men, well he did pretty bloody well today in a heavily contested game. I'd say that concern is a myth. The guys he was playing against today weren't 19/20 year old draftees that aren't physically ready yet for the AFL, these were mature, big body mid to late 20's mids he was playing against.

Big tick for him today IMO. Would be very happy to take him with our 1st pick.
Disposal efficiency has been a knock on Jagga. His performance yesterday was excellent but you would want to see him in the 2 further VFL games, before saying it wont be an issue for him in the AFL.

Here are a few vids that show Jagga has that breakaway/burst speed that makes it hard for the opposition to catch him or run him down. If he sees an opening he's off. He has that speed when he wants it, a good attribute to have just puts on the jets to avoid tackles and scoot away.
He is also evasive, you can see he likes to bend his body to avoid tackles ala Daicos boys.

He can be a bit hit and miss but his style is always on the move never static. Sometimes he can bite off more than he can chew but felt more so in the championships he was pretty good by foot.

Reactions: 1 user
Does some good things. Butters like. Disposal looks a bit rough to me. Doesn't have the polish/finesse that I've seen from Jagga and FOS.

Lalor is good but I don't see a number 1 or 2 pick.
I dunno. Looks like he has good touch to me. High footy iq. (Jagga off the charts)
Would love Lalor in tiger jumper.
I'm in DAs camp lets get both

Reactions: 6 users
eZyT will need to wear boxing gloves to bed after this post

Im pretty desensitized DA - ive been watching his stuff like this for years

I reckon i declared him the second coming to tigerland end of '22?

• Love
  • Haha