2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Jagga named as the 23rd player

Is that a sub, an emergency, a fifth on the bench, a concussuion sub or something else?

Perish the thought a $b game could run the first, seconds, and thirds by the same rules?

Ill be enjoying a bottle if grampians shiraz watch this by the fire so i will provide an adundent, measured, appraisal of

Our jaggy jaggy

Reactions: 1 user
Not me 5.05pm, twilight game at Williamstown right on Port Gellibrand, 25 to 40 km/h winds with possible small hail, it's alright for you Northerners to expect us to attend on your behalf ;) :cool:.
Cold snap here in Port Douglas this week. Got down to 14 overnight

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Jagga Smith is named 3rd interchange from 5,does the 5th interchange play as normal.

from what I can tell 23rd man is a kind of AFL nonsense way of regulating permit, top ups, academy players etc.

practically, they're just a 5th interchange.

you can only be a 23rd man 6 times in a season I think,

then you have to be 22nd man,

which is absolutely no different,

from what I can tell.

but of course, it is entirely different to the 23rd man rule in the firsts.

I wonder if any other major sporting codes have their players play by different rules, week to week?

Last edited:
Geez..look at Whitlock and Simms in the 20s.
Compare that with Clarke and Sonsie and Banks...shows how stong the draft is.
Hmmmm. Maybe a case for splitng pick1
On the other hand...pick 1 and a plethera of picks in the teens would be fantastic.
..Langford Hotten Lalor..late teens
Geeez..those 5 would have us humming...all outside the first dozen....throw in Urquhart for change.
Or..Jagga and 5 others.
i really like Langford. Cant believe he gets past 5 or 6.
Add 2 more high picks next year..there is 1/3 of the team for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Jagga Smith's highlights from the final against Vic Country.

Enjoy :)

Reactions: 3 users
On the other hand...pick 1 and a plethera of picks in the teens would be fantastic.
Geeez..those 5 would have us humming...all outside the first dozen....throw in Urquhart for change.
Or..Jagga and 5 others.
Add 2 more high picks next year..there is 1/3 of the team for the next 10 years.

Its a very rich vein p+t

from what I can tell 23rd man is a kind of AFL nonsense way of regulating permit, top ups, academy players etc.

practically, they're just a 5th interchange.

you can only be a 23rd man 6 times in a season I think,

then you have to be 22nd man,

which is absolutely no different,

from what I can tell.

but of course, it is entirely different to the 23rd man rule in the firsts.

I wonder if any other major sporting codes have their players play by different rules, week to week?

Its an age based position I think, something like 23rd men have to be under 21. The whole premise of the idea is to maintain a push to drive younger players involvement in all teams in the VFL.

Reactions: 3 users
All clubs to field 23 players per match, comprising the following: VFL standalone: A minimum of six under-22 players. AFL and aligned: A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club's development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy

Reactions: 1 users
And now for Smillie, who kinda dropped the bundle if these are his "highlights"... maybe because he kept getting called Smile-lee

All clubs to field 23 players per match, comprising the following: VFL standalone: A minimum of six under-22 players. AFL and aligned: A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club's development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy

Thanks, even younger than I thought it was then

Or..Jagga and 5 others.
Lo and behold look what this guy Pascoe keeps banging on about.... LEG SPEED FROM STOPPAGE.

• Love
Its an age based position I think, something like 23rd men have to be under 21. The whole premise of the idea is to maintain a push to drive younger players involvement in all teams in the VFL.

Sounds like too good a rule to be conceived and adjudicated by The AFL????

So in short plain language
Jagga smith will.play all the game.

Last edited: